links for 2008-09-25
By webmink on Sep 25, 2008
- Sun: OpenSolaris 'pretty freaking amazing'
Pretty reasonable interview in The Register.
- A passenger 'bill of rights' is passed! (In Canada)
Of course, any system also has embedded within it by implication the game that exploits it. In Europe for example, I believe airlines now have passengers board aircraft even though they know there is no available take-off slot just so that they don't have to be compensated under the equivalent EU rules. We'll have to see how Canada's rules work out in practice.
- Businesses Can Win the Competition Against Open-Source Technology
Reactionary dinosaur thinking from Stanford. A smarter set of academics would suggest using open source technology to win in competition against the incumbents.
- You'll get closer to the source
I'd forgotten all about this interview for The Age in Australia. It loses a little precision in conciseness but overall it's pretty cute.
- The Two Classes of Airport Contraband
Excellent explanation of why confiscating pasta sauce and shampoo actually makes us all less secure at the airport.