links for 2007-07-12
By webmink on Jul 11, 2007
- Shouting out to the Sun JDK team - Ted Neward
Ted doesn't mince his words so this praise of the OpenJDK Subversion and build system is very welcome. Keep it up, team!
- California grass too dry for goats to eat, fire officials say
Goats for fire control. Who knew?
- Aphids’ answer to a ladybird raid . . . send out the ‘suicide bombers’
Life imitates nature once again.
- Project Tango: An Overview - New Article
"Project Tango (Web Services Interoperability Technology or WSIT) is an open source implementation from Sun Microsystems of the key enterprise Web services specifications, commonly known as WS-\*, that provides interoperability with .NET 3.0 framework."
- Interoperability Specifications Pledge
IBM joins the standards patent covenant party (although regrettably bases it on "necessary claims" rather than providing a blanket license, meaning developers still face legal uncertainty over what's "necessary"). Nice work, guys, keep it up.
- BBC NEWS - Questions for Microsoft on open formats
ODF/OOXML makes it to the BBC News web site: "We have laid down six questions we want Microsoft to answer - but the key one is this: Why did and does Microsoft refuse to participate in the existing standardisation effort?"
- Sun did not cause recent climate change
Good to know. In fact, we're doing more than most to address the matter.