links for 2006-07-05
By webmink on Jul 04, 2007
- Incoming EPO president reopens software patent debate
The zombie walks! That software patent issue just can't stay dead - won't someone put a stake through its heart or something please?
- National Archive project to avert digital dark age
Exactly the reason we need a single standard. Having multiple formats in circulation leads to this hellish situation, where (metaphorically) the only way to read Dickens is to buy a gas-lamp.
- I, Analyst: WS\* vs. REST / Intelligence vs. Wisdom
Reaching this point has taken seven years and much denigration of those who have asserted WS\* is too complex.
- The “Project Zero FAQ” FAQ [dive into mark]
That has to hurt.
- IT Conversations: Simon Phipps
A whole hour.