If you’re running mission-critical applications, consolidating your data center or thinking about creating a private cloud infrastructure, and you are not currently using WebLogic Server 12c, you may want consider an upgrade.
Oracle WebLogic Server 12c is the #1 Application Server across conventional systems, engineered systems and cloud environments. It provides significant enhancements to help customers and partners lower their total cost of ownership and derive more value from their current application infrastructure, while accelerating the development cycle and reducing time-to-market for their applications.
As the centerpiece of Oracle’s Cloud Application Foundation, and a core part of the Oracle Fusion Middleware product family, Oracle WebLogic Server continues to deliver innovative new capabilities for building, deploying and running Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications Some of the new product features and enhancements include:
· Oracle WebLogic Server 12c is now certified for the full Java EE 6 platform specification, which enables higher developer productivity with standards-based, modern APIs, including Servlet 3.0, JAX-RS 1.1, Java Server Faces 2.1, EJB 3.1, Context and Dependency Injection for Java, and many others.
· Oracle WebLogic Server developers can now leverage Java Platform Standard Edition (Java SE) 7 features to create cleaner, more maintainable code.
· Leveraging graphical tooling and open, PaaS Web Service APIs, Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder enables simplified configuration and packaging of multi-tier enterprise applications on environments virtualized with Oracle VM.
· Improved integration between Oracle WebLogic Server and Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), which can auto detect and correct database node failures to help drive higher performance and simplify management.
· Oracle WebLogic Server is optimized to run as a high performance, mission critical, elastic cloud infrastructure on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, the world‘s first and only engineered system for cloud computing. Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud is tested and tuned by Oracle to provide the best foundation for Java applications, Oracle applications and other enterprise applications with blazing performance.
· Oracle WebLogic Server is also a key component of the new Oracle Java Cloud Service, an enterprise platform for developing, deploying and managing business-critical Java EE applications, which supports development and deployment from multiple Java-based integrated development environments (IDEs), including Oracle JDeveloper, NetBeans IDE and Eclipse.
These are just a few of the many reasons you may want to consider upgrading now. To learn more, plan to attend the webcast --It Pays to Upgrade to Oracle WebLogic Server –March 27 at 10 am PT, 1pm ET. Presenters Roger Freixa Vidal, Sr. Principal Product Manager, Oracle WebLogic, and Michael Ferrante, Principal Product Manager, Oracle Application Development Tools will explain how you can gain new functionality and unparalleled performance by upgrading. They’ll also explain just how easy that is to do.
Was the overview information provided in this blog useful?
What WebLogic topics would you like to hear more about?