Friday Jan 23, 2009
Wednesday Aug 20, 2008
By Markus Weber on Aug 20, 2008
IDF 2008 is happening right now, from August 19 to 21 in the Moscone Center West in San Francisco.
Sun is a Gold Sponsor, and we have a great booth (#501 - check it out of you are there).
I spent most of yesterday to set up the demo, on an Intel-based laptop, running OpenSolaris 2008.05 (upgraded to built snv_94 though), and Sun xVM VirtualBox.
In VirtualBox, I had created a coupe of guests, one running Windows XP, one Ubuntu Desktop 8.0.4.
It's very easy to showcase great features such as fullscreen mode, seamless mode, amongst many others.
As Shared Folders in VirtualBox are not there yet for an OpenSolaris host, I created a ZFS filesystem on the host, and exposed (shared) it as a CIFS server. It was then very easy to connect to it in the Windows XP guest, using "My Networks".
(more details on this in a later blog entry)
- Migrate From Oracle Solaris 11 To Oracle Database 11gR2
- Solaris The Best Sun Invention ?
- Oracle Solaris Near You
- Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Available
- Oracle Solaris 11 Launch
- Two New Oracle Solaris Podcasts
- Developing Enterprise Applications on Oracle Solaris
- Quote: "Customers have eagerly awaited Oracle Exadata running Oracle Solaris"
- New Podcast: Oracle Solaris Partners Update
- New Podcast: Oracle Solaris Developer Tools