By Markus Weber on Jul 27, 2011
Checkout all the details here.
The key focus areas for this release include performance, reliability and developer productivity.
- Accelerates Application Performance:
- Compiler and library optimizations for the newest Oracle Sun Enterprise Servers
- SPARC-based systems (incl. SPARC T4): accelerates application performance up to 3x over gcc, with up to a 40% boost over Sun Studio 12
- x-86 based systems: delivers application performance up to 1.5x over gcc and up to 20% faster than Sun Studio 12
- Improves Application Observability:
- Code Analyzer (New): improves application reliability by identifying common coding and memory access errors
- Performance Analyzer: application concurrency graphs and multi-process application profiling
- Enhances Developer Productivity:
- Development of Oracle Solaris application via remote access from a Windows desktop
- Oracle Pro*C & OCI/OCCI Database development in Solaris Studio IDE
- Updated support for key open source runtime libraries, including BOOST and Apache C++
- Build applications up to 20% faster than Studio 12.2 and up to 20% reduction in debug information size