Thursday Aug 18, 2011
Wednesday Jul 27, 2011
By Markus Weber on Jul 27, 2011
Checkout all the details here.
The key focus areas for this release include performance, reliability and developer productivity.
- Accelerates Application Performance:
- Compiler and library optimizations for the newest Oracle Sun Enterprise Servers
- SPARC-based systems (incl. SPARC T4): accelerates application performance up to 3x over gcc, with up to a 40% boost over Sun Studio 12
- x-86 based systems: delivers application performance up to 1.5x over gcc and up to 20% faster than Sun Studio 12
- Improves Application Observability:
- Code Analyzer (New): improves application reliability by identifying common coding and memory access errors
- Performance Analyzer: application concurrency graphs and multi-process application profiling
- Enhances Developer Productivity:
- Development of Oracle Solaris application via remote access from a Windows desktop
- Oracle Pro*C & OCI/OCCI Database development in Solaris Studio IDE
- Updated support for key open source runtime libraries, including BOOST and Apache C++
- Build applications up to 20% faster than Studio 12.2 and up to 20% reduction in debug information size
- Migrate From Oracle Solaris 11 To Oracle Database 11gR2
- Solaris The Best Sun Invention ?
- Oracle Solaris Near You
- Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 Available
- Oracle Solaris 11 Launch
- Two New Oracle Solaris Podcasts
- Developing Enterprise Applications on Oracle Solaris
- Quote: "Customers have eagerly awaited Oracle Exadata running Oracle Solaris"
- New Podcast: Oracle Solaris Partners Update
- New Podcast: Oracle Solaris Developer Tools