New Release of WebCenter Portal Available
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Feb 22, 2012
Today Oracle released 11g Release 1 (22.214.171.124) for WebCenter Portal. In addition to a number of bug fixes, we've included several new capabilities and certifications.
The following is a brief overview of what's new:
- Dynamic Roles / Oracle Entitlement Server integration: leverage dynamic or conditionally assigned roles which can be assigned on an as needed basis depending on the action initiated by a user.
- Presence/IM Server support: Certified integration with Microsoft Lync 2010
- Usability enhancements. Examples include:
- Discussions - added support for pagination.
- Document upload - select multiple files, drag and drop into document library, and progress/status indicator.
- Event calendar - categorize events and display events by category.
- Search - improved control over what services are searched and shown in the results page.
- Pagelet Producer
- Inject Portlets into WebCenter Sites
- Auto-login for Kerberos protected web applications
- OpenSocial 1.1 gadget support
- Multi region clipping into single pagelet
- IBM WebSphere Application Server V7
- Microsoft Office Integration – Support for Windows 7 and Office 2010
- Editions Based Revisions Support (Oracle Database)
- Gridlink Driver Support (WebLogic Server)
- Various Browser Certifications
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9)
- Firefox 5 and above (FF5+)
- Chrome 12 and above (12+)
Watch the Oracle WebCenter Portal blog for ensuing detailed blog posts on these WebCenter Portal features.