New Release of Oracle WebCenter Content
By Brian Dirking on Feb 22, 2012
Today Oracle released 11g Release 1 (184.108.40.206) for WebCenter Content. Our patch sets are mainly targeted at releasing customer bug fixes. However, we have added a few additional product enhancements that demonstrate our continued goal of driving innovation for our customers. Over the next couple of weeks we will be sharing information regarding enhancements for WebCenter Content in greater detail.
For today we wanted to offer a high-level list that will notify you of the new capabilities in the following areas:
- User Engagement
- Content Enabling Applications
The key areas of enhancement for user engagement:
- A newly architected Folders Component that supports Desktop Integration and Query & Personal Folders
- Desktop updates, including support for our new folders, the ability to contribute to profiles directly from Windows Explorer using drag-n-drop, enhanced handling of local copies of managed docs, and easy access to frequently used documents from Office apps.
- Native Electronic Signature Support - includes a configurable signing form plus the ability to print a PDF of the document with a configurable signature watermark
There are a number of new application adapters, as well as better support for AXF including
- The brand new Enterprise Application Adapter Framework that enables 3rd party applications to leverage WebCenter Content’s imaging and attachments framework
- Global settings for all user preferences such as default image viewer, show/hide panels in task viewer, and end user overrides
- Solution editor admin UI enhancements that enable you to customize AXF display without direct AXF table access and AXF Task List UI column sorting
- Managed attachments configuration admin UI including global configuration, business application, and business application entity with no need to manage preferences.hda file
- EBS Adapter for ECM
- EBS OAF Plug-in
- EBS 12.1.3 certification
- EBS OAF Plug-in
- PSFT Adapter for ECM
- PeopleTools 8.51 certification
- SEBL Adapter for ECM
- SEBL 8.2 certification
- Enterprise Application Adapter Framework for WebCenter
- Enable 3rd party apps to leverage imaging/attachments framework
- SOAP interface to AXF
- Access to task list, task viewer, and managed attachments views
For infrastructure, there is IBM WebSphere Application Sever 7 support, SAMQFS support, and Database File System support. We’ve also extended Retention Management to specify retention rule by simple categorization, retention specified by age or mapping to an RM category, and a number of other enhancements.
Over the next few weeks we will provide detailed blog posts on these WebCenter Content features, here on the Oracle WebCenter Content blog.