Do MORE with WebCenter
By Michael Snow on Mar 21, 2012
Do you need to lower costs? Raise Productivity? Foster Innovation? Improve Online Engagement? But you’re still stuck with Documentum? Step away from the ledge – there is hope – let us help you.
Top 4 Content Imperatives
· Lower Costs - Reduce labor, maintenance fees, storage and electrical consumption
· Raise Productivity - Automation and integration, communication, findability
· Foster Innovation - Enable collaboration, expertise location
· Improve Online Engagement – enable user-driven, dynamic marketing initiatives
With the coming technology wave we see four content imperatives. Every organization has had to reduce costs, cost cutting has become a way of life. Everyone is working three jobs as positions are eliminated. And so we have to reduce labor, reduce maintenance, and reduce money we are wasting on things like storing content that is redundant or no longer useful.
We also, to fill that gap, need to raise productivity. Knowledge workers represent the fastest growing segment of the workforce, accounting for 40%-75% of the employees at organizations in sectors like financial services, life sciences, healthcare and retail. What’s more, their wages total 18 percent of the United States GDP. And so we can’t afford information systems that don’t let our top performers be the best they can be. We look to automate the content processes, provide ways to integrate that content into our processes, provide communication to make decisions, and to make content more findable so people can make the right decision and move the process forward.
And really to get ourselves out of the current financial status, we can only cut costs so far. We have to innovate out of economic tough times – to find new products and new markets. And to enable the innovation process, we have to enable collaboration and expertise location. So much of innovation is about building on innovations that have come before. To solve problems, we have to be able to find what our organization has already created. We find that problems we need to solve have already been solved if we can find the right document, the right person. So we have to provide systems that enable us to stand on the shoulders of our organization’s accomplishments.
Good content drives great marketing. Online engagement is growing as an absolute necessity for modern growing marketing organizations that require the business users be enabled for dynamic marketing content creation, updates and targeted content creation and management. Unfortunately – if you are currently stuck with Documentum, you are really lacking in your Web Experience Management capabilities. Documentum previously used FatWire for web publishing. Now FatWire is part of Oracle. Oracle provides powerful web engagement capabilities:
- Increase sales and loyalty by optimizing online engagement
- Create, manage and moderate contextually relevant, targeted and interactive online experiences
- Optimize customer engagement across, web, mobile and social channels
- Manage large scale multichannel global online presence with integration to enterprise applications
- Enable business users to control their content and make their own updates
- Publish content from native files – enable navigation of project documents, procedures, policy information
- Enable content display and updates from existing web applications – one click to drag and drop content management functionality
- So you get the ability to self-publish information and make it navigable, to move the process of publishing from IT to business users, and the ability to address a whole new area of user engagement with web experience management.
So… if you are still stuck with Documentum and don’t know what to do – contact us – not only will Oracle help you step away from the ledge, but also with the MoveOff Documentum program, we are offering you a way – trade-in your Documentum licenses for a 100% credit on Oracle WebCenter.
How’s that for a nice bonus? It’s time to stop maintaining Documentum, and to start innovating with Oracle WebCenter. Learn More Here!
To learn more about what Oracle WebCenter can offer you today – join us for a webcast – your eyes will be opened to all that’s possible.Watch the Webcast OnDemand: Do More with WebCenter: Extend Beyond Content Management