Next Phase of ECM 11g Now Available - New UCM & URM 11g, & Updated I/PM & IRM 11g
By mhuff on Jun 08, 2010
We're excited to announce that the Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite 11g is now available!
Today, Oracle announced ECM Suite 11g, a part of Fusion Middleware 11gR1 Patchset 2 release, which builds upon the Imaging and Process Management (I/PM) and Information Rights Management (IRM) 11g release earlier this year. Universal Content Management (UCM) and Universal Records Management (URM) 11g are now available with many new features and enhancements. All ECM products are localized into 27 languages, use a single repository, a single installer, centralized administration, and all run on the same Fusion Middleware tech stack. Oracle ECM Suite 11g, is better integrated to fit the way you work, with extreme performance and extreme scalability.
Universal Content Management
- One click Web content management - brings Web content management authoring, design and presentation capabilities directly into how organizations design sites, portals, and custom Web applications. Simply take in the right amount of WCM that meets your needs - all without having to rewrite the application or port it over to a new technology stack or framework.
- Greater business user empowerment - with next generation desktop integrations and "smart productivity folders", new Web site "design mode" for business users, and enhanced rich media support enabling users to better work with photography, graphics, videos & podcasts created today as well as contribute content within Flash files directly from the Web.
- Advanced manageability with extreme performance & scalability - centralized system monitoring, installation, logging, performance metrics & diagnostics, with new built in "fast check-in" features, redesigned component management interface - all running on Fusion Middleware infrastructure.
Universal Records Management
- Enhanced user experience: Oracle URM 11g makes records management easier for both business users and records administrators. Simplifications in the end user experience allow the creation of bookmarks into often-used part of the file plan, easy copying of categories and dispositions, and integrated folder and records search. The records management dashboard provides a consolidated view into records administrator tasks and system performance.
- DoD 5015.02 v3: Oracle URM is fully certified against all part of the US Department of Defense records management standard - baseline, classified, and Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. This enables Federal, state, & local governments & public agencies, as well as private companies, to maintain regulated compliance.
- Expanded functionality through Oracle integrations: Oracle URM 11g allows for an expanded set of functionality through integration capabilities with other Oracle products. This includes configurable records definition capabilities directly within a UCM instance. An out of the box integration with Oracle BI Publisher provides easily configured and robust reporting. Additionally, 11g offers an out of the box Oracle Secure Enterprise Search integration enabling real time full text discovery across disparate systems in an organization.
- Read the Press Release
- Watch the 3 Minute ECM 11g Video
- Get Up to Speed with the What's New in ECM Suite Datasheet
- Learn More on OTN with new tutorials, downloads and whitepapers