New Restricted-Use Secure Enterprise Search Licensing for Oracle Content Management Products
By sschleif on Mar 27, 2011
A restricted-use Oracle Secure Enterprise Search (SES) license is now included for the following products:
- Oracle Enterprise Content Management Suite
- Oracle Universal Content Management Standard Edition (UCM SE)
- Oracle Universal Content Management (UCM)
- Oracle Universal Records Management (URM)
- Oracle Imaging and Process Management (I/PM)
Restriction detail: Oracle Secure Enterprise Search is to be installed and run on the same processor(s) that run the content management repository (Content Server) and may be used to index and search the local instance of the content management repository. Note: Federation to external servers or other data resources is not permitted in this restricted-use license. A full use license must be purchased for this use case, and the SES Crawler component is still available.
Existing Stellent customers that are licensed to use Content Server can use the restricted-use license of SES. Previously at Stellent, Oracle Content Server shipped with an internal search solution (Autonomy Verity VDK). Oracle stopped shipping Verity VDK in June 2008. Customers that want to upgrade 11g will need to move to a new search solution.
- The Fusion Middleware 11g Licensing Document is on a separate update schedule, it will be updated soon to reflect these new changes.
- This topic will be covered in the May edition of the Content Management Quarterly Customer Update Webcasts. The May date and details will be announced shortly on ECM Alerts.