By Michael Snow on Jun 07, 2013
Today's post highlights an active WebCenter partner with a recent success in the transportation vertical. Read on below to learn more about Redstone Content Solutions along with a great profile of their customer, Standard Forwarding LLC.
WebCenter for Transportation: Standard Forwarding LLC
Oracle Customer: Standard Forwarding LLC
Location: East Moline, Illinois
Industry: Travel and Transportation
Publications: Case Study & Webinar
Standard Forwarding Transforms Customer Self-Service & Cuts Invoicing Costs by $350,000 annually, with WebCenter
Standard Forwarding LLC is a less-than-truckload (LTL) carrier with 17 terminals throughout the Midwest. Standard Forwarding provides overnight service within and between Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Minnesota, southern Michigan, and cities in Missouri and Nebraska. It operates a modern fleet with 350 tractors and 800 trailers. In 2012, it was named Great Lakes/Midwest LTL Carrier of the Year for the fifth consecutive year in Mastio & Company’s annual Value and Loyalty Benchmarking Study.
Over the years, technology―including onboard systems and track-and-trace capabilities―have been fundamental to the company’s continued success.
Standard Forwarding, seeking to improve the efficiency of its document-intensive invoicing process and to develop self-service functionality for customers, worked with Redstone Content Solutions to transform its invoicing process and customer-service capabilities. Standard Forwarding deployed Oracle WebCenter Content to automate paper-based invoice creation and delivery, saving $350,000 annually in processing, paper, and personnel costs.
Redstone Content Solutions also helped
Standard Forwarding launch a new, easy-to-navigate Website with expanded
capabilities enabling customers to conveniently manage every phase of the shipment
lifecycle from a single location. Redstone implemented Oracle Application
Development Framework (Oracle ADF), Oracle
WebCenter Capture, Oracle
WebLogic Server, and Oracle
WebCenter Content to build the powerful new solution.
Standard Forwarding awards received for advancing the transportation industry:
- Mastio Midwest LTL Carrier of the Year – 5th consecutive time
- Inbound Logistics Top 100 LTL Carrier
- Extend the company’s leadership role in the transportation industry
- Reduce the cost of compiling and posting invoices for the company’s LTL transport services
- Minimize administrative process duplication
- Expand Web-based, self-service capabilities for customers
- Automated document capture required for invoicing with Oracle WebCenter Capture
- Created a consolidated, image repository
- Used Oracle ADF, Oracle WebCenter Content, and Oracle WebLogic Server to create a new Website with expanded self-service capabilities
- Developed the Website using Oracle’s standards-based integration framework, making it easy to integrate with other systems
- Created a modular architecture to deploy, update, and conduct maintenance on a single module
Redstone Content Solutions Overview
Redstone Content Solutions is a Gold-level Systems Integrator & Value Added Reseller focusing exclusively on Oracle WebCenter Content, Portal and Sites technologies. Redstone is Oracle specialized in both WebCenter Content and Oracle ADF and regarded as the premier WebCenter Content training partner based on annual survey results.
- Redstone was the first North American specialized and pillar partner for WebCenter Content
- Redstone attends and is often a featured speaker at Industry conferences such as Oracle OpenWorld, IOUG Collaborate and ARMA
- Redstone holds Board positions at AIIM Midwest and the IOUG WebCenter Special Interest Group
- Redstone employees possess an average of eight (8) years of Oracle WebCenter experience
- Redstone employs staff that originally started the Stellent US Channel Program in 1998
- Redstone has exclusive access to Oracle Executive, Channel, Product Development, Product Management, Product Marketing and Support personnel
- Redstone is a member of Oracle’s Early Adopter Program which provides access to pre-releases of WebCenter software
- Redstone’s technical blog (www.corecontentonly.com) is one of the most active in the WebCenter forum community and is consistently referenced by Oracle University trainers and featured on Oracle’s website
- Redstone offers traditional, advanced, and customized training classes
- Redstone offers various no-cost WebCenter components such as Alphabetized Menus, Website Menu Filter and many more at: www.redstonecontentsolutions.com/content-downloads
For further information regarding Redstone, please visit the company website at www.redstonecontentsolutions.com or call John Klein at (563) 355.1558 ext. 21.