By Michael Snow on Apr 03, 2014
When we notice great work being done by our Oracle WebCenter customers, we want to strut our stuff like a Peacock and show them off to the world. Last year, we received a nomination for the Oracle Excellence Awards in Fusion Middleware Innovation for our customer, Panduit. The competition was fierce last year for only 2 Award spots and although they ultimately did not win one of the awards, they certainly deserve recognition for their solution.
Panduit is a world-class developer and provider of leading-edge Data centers, Connected buildings and Industrial automation solutions that help customers optimize the physical infrastructure and mitigate risk through simplification, increased agility and operational efficiency. Independent leader since 1955 with a Global presence and local focus - 112 countries of operations, 4,000+ employees
Like many companies, their previous website and portals no longer met modern user expectations:
• They Needed to Foster, Support, Engage and Enable their Growing Global Partner Ecosystem with Self-Service Applications and Content• They had 300 System Integrators, 1451 Distributor Partners, 5026 Distribution Locations and 1900 Contractors/Installers to communicate with in a consistent regular manner.• They needed to Modernize, globalize and re-brand the Panduit.com website and Partner Portals to Prevent loss of business due to partner drop-offs• They needed to Create an integrated High Availability solution for all customers and partners, with a single address (www.panduit.com) with Mobile and Social Media Channels• They needed to Develop a catalog of self-service functions that can be assigned based on differentiated role-based services by partner & customer segments and/or tiers
Its always better to hear it directly from the happy customer.
The Solution for Panduit was Oracle WebCenter Digital Experience Platform and Oracle Fusion Middleware AppAdvantage including the following:
- Oracle WebCenter (Sites, Portal, and Content), Oracle SOA, Oracle BPM, OPSS, Weblogic Suite, and ADF
- Single Platform – Supports portal, website, database based services, application-to-application service integration, EDI, etc.
- Integration – Adapters were available out-of-the box to integrate with Panduit’s Oracle E-Business Suite with protected support for future releases
- Reusability – Component and visual template reuse between applications
- Social Community – Out-of-the-box social media and collaboration
- Analytics – Built in analytical capabilities
- Mobility – Can be extended to mobile devices
Their new integrated website and self-service partner portal was completed in 12 months, starting from ground zero to launch.
Now they are able to:
- Support a growing global partner ecosystem with secure, multilingual online experience
- Provide integrated role-based experiences for all customers and partners within a single address (www.panduit.com).
- Improve number and quality of sales leads through increased web and mobile customer interactions and registrations
- Experience the benefits with activity up 57% from previous year with portal site @ 42,632 self-serve transactions per month