Friday Mar 14, 2014
Thursday Jun 30, 2011
By Brian Dirking on Jun 30, 2011
There was a great article on CIO Magazine sometime back about how Cancer Treatment Centers of America are improving patient care with technology.
And it is comforting to know you are getting state of the art care for you or your loved one when battling cancer. When patients and families take matters into their own hands, they often don't know where to turn to for information. The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer provides a one-stop shop that brings together the best information available in an easy to use website.
Beyond finding information, CPAC provides an online community that can help extend knowledge, share experiences, and let people know they are not alone.
You can hear more about this implementation from Mike Matthews of Deloitte in our upcoming online event, Transform Your Business by Connecting People, Processes, and Content. Mike is a partner at Deloitte and had first-hand experience in the CPAC implementation of Oracle WebCenter, which provides website publishing, search, and social community tools.
Friday Jun 17, 2011
By Brian Dirking on Jun 17, 2011
A very interesting post by Andy Mulholland of CAP Gemini this week – “The CIO is trapped between the CEO wanting innovation and the CFO needing compliance” – had many interesting points:
“A successful move in one area won’t be recognized and rapidly implemented in other areas to multiply the benefits, or worse unsuccessful ideas will get repeated adding to the cost and time wasted. That’s where the need to really address the combination of social networking, collaboration, knowledge management and business information is required.”
Without communicating what works and what doesn’t, the innovations of our organization may be lost, and the failures repeated. That makes sense.
If you liked Andy Mulholland’s blog post, you need to hear Howard Beader’s presentation at Enterprise 2.0 Conference on innovation and the role of social media. (Howard will be speaking in the Market Leaders Session at 1 PM on Wednesday June 22nd). Some of the thoughts Howard will share include:
• Innovation is more than just ideas, it’s getting ideas to market, and removing the obstacles that stand in the way
• Innovation is about parallel processing – you can’t remove the obstacles one by one because you will get to market too late
• Innovation can be about product innovation, but it can also be about process innovation
This brings us to Andy’s second issue he raises:
"..the need for integration with, and visibility of, processes to understand exactly how the enterprise functions and delivers on its policies…"
Andy goes on to talk about this from the perspective of compliance and the CFO’s concerns. And it’s true: innovation can come both in product innovation, but also internal process innovation. And process innovation can have as much impact as product innovation. New supply chain models can disrupt an industry overnight. Many people ignore process innovation as a benefit of social business, because it is perceived as a bottom line rather than top line impact. But it can actually impact your top line by changing your entire business model.
Oracle WebCenter sits at this crossroads between product innovation and process innovation, enabling you to drive go-to-market innovations through internal social media tools, removing obstacles in parallel, and also providing you deep insight into your processes so you can identify bottlenecks and realize whole new ways of doing business. Learn more about how at the Enterprise 2.0 Conference, where Oracle will be in booth #213 showing Oracle WebCenter and Oracle Fusion Applications.
Oracle WebCenter is the center of engagement for business—powering
exceptional experiences for customers, partners, and employees. It connects
people, process, and information with the most complete portfolio of portal,
Web experience management, content, imaging and collaboration technologies.
- Webcast: Public Sector FMW: Mobility Solutions – Re-Think Mobile
- Thirsty 'Tuesday' – Are You Ready for SharePoint 2016?
- Webcast: Strategies for Delivering Next-Gen Digital Experiences
- Partner News: Portal Architects Release New Connector to Enable Hybrid Storage
- Throwback Thursday: Middleware Newsletter Feature on Documents Cloud Service
- Driving Productivity with Documents Cloud Service Powerful Mobile App
- Webcast Q&A: Delivering Next-Gen Digital Experiences
- Video: Oracle Platinum Partner Redstone Content Solutions
- Webcast Tomorrow: Delivering Next-Gen Digital Experiences
- Webcast: Delivering Next-Gen Digital Experiences - 2/12
- /Oracle OpenWorld
- /Social Enterprise
- /WebCenter Content
- /WebCenter Portal
- /WebCenter Sites
- /WebCenter Social