WebCenter Customer Spotlight: ArRiaydh Development Authority
By Kellsey Ruppel on Aug 22, 2012
Author: Peter Reiser - Social Business Evangelist, Oracle WebCenter
ArRiyadh Development Authority (ADA) Government agency is responsible for the development of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia’s capital city with a population of nearly 7 million citizens.
Using Oracle WebCenter Content - ADA implemented a centralized enterprise content management system which serves as a complete, secure and compliant repository of digitized urban planning data. The repository stores over 300,000 high-resolution images, more than 1,000 high-definition videos and has a size of over 25 Terra Byte.
ADA deployed Oracle WebCenter Portal to deliver a single source of truth for all city and regional projects, streamlining business processes and ensuring rapid access to information.
ArRiyadh Development Authority (ADA) is responsible for the socioeconomic, cultural, and environmental development of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia’s capital city, which is the largest city in Saudi Arabia and the urban center of a region with a population of nearly 7 million citizens. The city is divided into 15 municipal districts, all managed by Riyadh Municipality, which is led by the mayor of Riyadh and ADA. ADA devises plans and procedures to improve the standard of services and facilities provided for Riyadh’s residents.
- Create a centralized enterprise content management system to serve as a complete repository of digitized data and documents for urban planning and development, making data transparent and accessible to authorized departments across ADA and facilitating standardized business process management
- Ensure varying levels of data security and access, complying with existing internal practices and Saudi Arabian government regulatory requirements while establishing an integrated approach to capturing, storing, managing, and maintaining documents
- Increase transparency and efficiency in planning and scheduling of all urban projects to improve organizational productivity and enable senior management to view up-to-date project status information
- Reduce error rates of manual data management processes
- Enable transparent, secure, and centralized control of more than 25 terabytes of urban development data, including multimedia, drawings, and reports, currently expanding by 20% each year
The development teams can now quickly identify web site content for arriyadh.com and ada.gov.sa in the central repository and publish it seamlessly using sophisticated content management tools, instead of searching for unstructured data on personal desktops and in paper documents.
With the deployed solution ADA achieved following business results:
- Ensured end-to-end content lifecycle management of all ADA data and digital documents from creation to archive
- Enabled ADA to maintain consistent policies and services regarding system and content back-up and recovery, document retention, security, and system maintenance
- Improved consistency and audit-ability while ensuring compliance with ADA’s existing business policies and government regulations, ultimately safe-guarding content as well as ADA’s reputation
“Since deploying Oracle WebCenter Content and Oracle WebCenter Suite, we have seen rapid improvements in our ability to manage data and documents effortlessly and ensure the smooth daily operations of urban planning. At the same time, we have empowered each department to manage and report on projects with a high level of transparency.”
Majed Al Sultan, Applications Development Manager, ArRiyadh Development Authority