Oracle Unveils New Release of Oracle WebCenter
By Christie Flanagan on Aug 14, 2013
There’s exciting news in the world of Oracle WebCenter today with the unveiling of our latest product release. We realize that in today’s economy, organizations are increasingly looking for ways to lower their costs, improve operational efficiencies and increase revenue. To address these challenges, we’ve made updates across our complete portfolio of portal, enterprise content management, Web experience management, and collaboration technologies. By providing enhanced multi-channel user experience capabilities and delivering a comprehensive set of tools that reduces the traditional business line reliance on IT, the new release helps businesses lower their costs, improve operational efficiency, and increase their bottom line revenue.
The new Oracle WebCenter release introduces a new Java-based cross-platform Enterprise Capture product to expand our imaging and enterprise content management solutions and a new Mobile Option to provide richer, optimized multi-channel user experiences out of the box. The new release also includes updates across the entire Oracle WebCenter portfolio to empower the mobile workforce with new mobile apps, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) support, and enhanced development tools for rapid deployment of mobile portals and websites. Also included are a range of tools designed to empower business users and remove the traditional line of business dependency on IT to shorten the time to market and reduce costs. Here’s a closer look at some of the enhancements to each product:
Oracle WebCenter Portal
The new release of Oracle WebCenter Portal makes it easier and faster for business users to create intuitive portals with integrated application content by:
- Streamlining development with an integrated set of tools for web & mobile
- Providing out of the box templates for common use cases
- Expediting the portal creation experience with a WYSIWYG editing experience
Oracle WebCenter Content
The new release of Oracle WebCenter Content makes it easier to share information efficiently by:
- Enabling users to access business documents “on the go” using their device of choice
- Putting content to work in process-centric business application environments
- Simplifying the management of the entire content lifecycle in the most scalable and comprehensive enterprise content management system
Oracle WebCenter Sites
In addition, by enhancing Oracle WebCenter Sites, the latest release helps marketers engage, guide, and convert customers online by:
- Managing mobile sites with ease and marketing to mobile customers more effectively
- Creating a media rich online customer experience using video and other digital marketing content from within the enterprise or from the cloud
- Providing more relevant search results to guide and influence customers on their websites
"To make the best possible decisions for your business, it is important that everyone in an organization has access to the right information, in the right context, and within the right business process, no matter where they are," said Balaji Yelamanchili, senior vice president, Oracle Product Development. "The latest release of Oracle WebCenter supports this level of engagement at your desk, or on the road, by delivering enhancements across portal, Web experience management, content, and collaboration technologies. By intuitively connecting people, process and information across any device, the new release of Oracle WebCenter helps organizations improve decision making and enhance engagement with customers, partners and employees across every channel."
Stay tuned to the Oracle WebCenter blog over the next few days as we take a closer look at some of the new features in Oracle WebCenter’s new release and register for our in-depth webcast on the new Oracle WebCenter taking place on September 12.