E2.0 Top 20: How can I take advantage of a modern customer experience in my sales cycle?
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on May 12, 2011
We're continuing on in our "Top 20 Enterprise 2.0" Questions & Answers series! In the coming weeks, we'll be posting topics around some of the challenges, best practices and strategies regarding Enterprise 2.0 adoption. We hope you'll join in the conversations!
E2.0 Top 20 #4:How can I take advantage of a modern customer experience in my sales cycle?
A modern customer experience allows you to engage with new and existing customers online throughout the whole sales cycle. Look at your company portal as the pivotal to engage buyers:
- Leverage on multimedia content to explain the value of your offering
- Allow quick and easy product selection and comparison
- Allow online direct selling through eCommerce capabilities
- Facilitate services attach rate
- Allow bi-directional communication with customers (chats, polls, tweets)
- Address future strategy planning following feedbacks
- Allow customer and partner to benefit of Peer-to-Peer Support
- Whatever their features, organizations must regard portals as a means toward business ends, rather than ends in themselves.
- Organizations should define the role of portal infrastructure relative to investments in converging technologies, such as Web content management, social networking, analytics and enterprise mashups.
What kind of technology is available to help you achieve a modern user experience? Oracle WebCenter Suite enables the addition of social computing capabilities to existing portals, while helping organizations enhance Oracle Applications, leverage Oracle Content Management and easily assemble composite applications through Oracle’s common user experience architecture, as well as a broad set of reusable, standards-based components. For more information, we invite you to view the following resources:
- Bunny Inc. – Episode 2. Mr. CIO meets Mrs. Sales Manager
- Gartner Report: Generation 7 Portals - Unifying the User Experience
- Introducing Oracle WebCenter Suite blog post
- Oracle Enterprise 2.0 Group LinkedIn Discussion
1Gartner Report: Generation 7 Portals - Unifying the User Experience