2010 Enterprise 2.0 Blazer: SunGard
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Oct 19, 2010
2010 Enterprise 2.0 Blazer: Customer-Facing Portal Award
The Customer-Facing Portal Award was given to the customer with the best customer facing portal for personalized online customer experiences through the use of Enterprise 2.0 technologies. This year's recipient was SunGard and the partner involved in the implementation was Keste.
SunGard is one of the world's leading software and technology services companies with more than 20,000 employees and serves 25,000 customers in 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, higher education and the public sector.
Prior to implementing the Enterprise 2.0 solution, SunGard did not have a single source for all content. Rather, content was distributed through various sources, inhibiting the full integration of their people, processes, customers and information.
For external customers, the Oracle Enterprise 2.0 solution provides a consolidated representation of all lines of business (LOB). For customers of a particular LOB, it provides a more detailed online view of their products as well as access to the associated applications for that LOB, which provides those customers insight into the entire product portfolio. For internal employees, the solution facilitates the integration of people, processes and information, across organizational boundaries.
SunGard Availability Services needed a new integrated portal stack to meet its current and future enterprise portal requirements. There are currently multiple portals built with MS.NET, Lotus Notes, J2EE and other platforms enabling web pages for Oracle E-Business Suite and others. SunGard selected Oracle WebCenter as a key platform to enable three key communities in a phased manner.
- User Experience: The goal was to provide a unified user experience. Once logged in to WebCenter - Oracle Identity and Access Management (including SAML based federation to SalesForce.com) played a key role in allowing SSO across all applications (Oracle Content Management, Oracle E-Business Suite, SalesForce.com).
- User Adoption: The portal layout and menus are intuitive and clean, which minimized the learning curve.
- Implementation Speed: The solution was implemented in three months, integrating Oracle WebCenter, Oracle Content Management, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Identity and Access Management (OID, SSO, Access Management) and business applications like Oracle E-Business Suite and SalesForce.com.
- Phase 1: Sales partners - perform leads, opportunity management, order new products and services and lookup/search content.
- Phase 2: Aggregate / integrate SunGard external customer facing portals into a common portal.
- Phase 3: Integrate SunGard internal employee portals (integrate internal project management applications and other internal intranets).
Phase 1 is currently live and SunGard is achieving the goals of providing partners a single portal with selling tools to enter and view leads, opportunities, quotes and orders for the SunGard partner sales community.
Accepting the award on behalf of SunGard was Don Hopkins, Chief Information Officer. Congratulations!
Keste is an Oracle software solutions and development company headquartered in Dallas, TX. As a Platinum member of the Oracle® Partner Network, Keste develops solutions that help automate and optimize complex business processes. Recognized as one of the fastest-growing businesses by both the Inc 5000 and Dallas 100 Awards, Keste is a premier business solutions organization focused on the execution, delivery and support of enterprise software for technology, communications and industrial manufacturing. With solution centers in the United States and India, Keste has international experience developing efficient and cost-effective solutions for Fortune 500 and Forbes Global 2000 clients by leveraging Oracle technology and applications. Learn how Keste and Oracle work together to provide industry-leading Enterprise 2.0 solutions in this white paper.