By Michael Snow on May 10, 2013
Today as the last entry for this week of our WebCenter Partners Week, we'll be hearing from a partner that has recently rebranded themselves. Element Solutions, formerly known as Element115
creates WebCenter Sites Solutions to enhance the Web Experience across multiple industries.
If you are just joining us today for the first time this week, you'll want to check out the past few days of posts from our partners, TekStream, FishBowl , Lingotek and Extended Content Solutions for some interesting reading and video views.
And for any of you WebCenter partners out there that are feeling left out - fear not - there is always room for you on the Oracle WebCenter Blog. We'd love to hear from you and feature your solutions to our readers in upcoming weeks. Contact me directly @ firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take care of you.
Note From The CEO
Venkatesh Korla / CEO & Co-founder
Our Rebrand: Beyond Healthcare
Since rebranding back in October we occasionally get asked, “Why did you rebrand and what does it mean?” Well the short answer is, the rebrand recognizes the growth and expanded services Element Solutions now offers. Founded in 2003, as Element115 we began as a CMS implementation and solution company developing a strong partnership with FatWire Software and primarily focused on the Healthcare industry. However, that focus shifted over the years as we expanded our solution offerings as well as our customer base beyond healthcare, serving global clients in retail, financial services, hospitality, and manufacturing. 2010 brought the opportunity to become a Pillar Partner with Oracle as a result of the FatWire acquisition. Since the launch of eHealth Accelerator in 2004 we have experienced accelerated growth in size and scope, and today are positioned as a strategic solution partner for many Global 1000 companies. Our offerings focus on strategic consulting and specialized services that support the customer online experience.
In renewing the brand, we seek to enable greater transparency and customer engagement across many industries. Our new tagline, “Powering Your Success” positions us as the synergistic connector that fuses our client’s business needs with software technology which ultimately surges our partners’ success as well. We strive to be the leading System Integrator for the WebCenter Sites platform and Web Experience Management across retail, manufacturing, healthcare, and services industries.
eSite Accelerator for WebCenter Sites
We are very excited to announce the launch of our flagship solution eSite Accelerator. The solution is a successful reference implementation framework, originally built for Oracle WebCenter Sites and developed to enhance the online customer experience, streamline the Web CMS planning, discovery, and implementation process, accelerate the launch cycle and cut costs.
Floyd Medical Center
Floyd Medical Center is a healthcare system serving Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama.
- Improve the Medical Center’s Web presence and intranet with more dynamic content and a modern look
- Current system required a full-time employee to maintain content and did not easily support multiple contributors
- Ability for Employees to access the Intranet from all the different centers and locations
Services / Solutions Provided:
- The Intranet was expanded and employees can now securely and conveniently access it from a standard browser, from their office or remotely
- Each department can now manage and create their own content allowing for less dependency on IT and Marketing
- Search and segmentation capabilities were improved enabling employees to find internal content more quickly
Pella Corporation offers a full range of energy-efficient windows and doors, including residential and commercial products for new construction, remodeling and replacement projects.
- Move the RTA, “Real Time Appointment Setting” application on to WebCenter Sites
- Add time slot management functionality
- Incorporate QAS address validation
- The RTA application is an appointment scheduler comprised of several HTML-based data input screens whose data, upon completion, are serialized into XML, and placed on a JMS queue where it is fed into the corporate CRM system
- Developed using the Oracle CSDT and SVN, which allowed the Element Solutions team and the Pella team to work both remotely and collaboratively
- Front end was built using AJAX, JSON and Jquery and supports all modern browsers
Phase I (called Release 1.0) of a planned 3 phase deployment of WebCenter Sites.
The Wendy’s Company (NASDAQ: WEN) is the world’s third largest quick-service hamburger company, with a market cap of 2.3 billion. The Wendy’s system includes more than 6,500 franchise and Company restaurants in the U.S. and 27 other countries and U.S. territories worldwide.
Wendy’s chose Oracle WebCenter Sites to replace their legacy implementation which had several short comings and issues. Wendy’s Senior Management driven by Wendy’s IT and Marketing drove a sense of urgency to move this project as quickly as possible. Element Solutions did a POC implementation followed by Discovery, Design, and eventually Development/Build phases.
- The system allows the content authors to manage and maintain promos, product images, and social content across various sections of the website.
- The system supports consumption of external data feeds via custom REST API Web Services using Jersey, for Products and Jobs which are directly managed by Wendy’s Architecture team.
- The system also supports AJAX based Web Service calls to dynamically provide Nutrition information, Location based services in Find It and Career Jobs, with MapQuest integration.
- Custom tree tabs
- The HTML/CSS/JS was provided by Resource (an external graphics design agency), which was integrated by our development team.
- The design supports internationalization with a English locale rollout at this stage. Future rollouts will include other languages.
This was Phase 1 of a planned 3 phase deployment of WebCenter Sites. Next phase details are in discussion.
With 139 years of experience, Holland America Line is recognized as the undisputed leader in the cruise industry’s premium segment. Holland America Line’s fleet of 15 ships offers more than 500 cruises to 350 ports in more than 100 countries, territories or dependencies. Two- to 110-day itineraries visit all seven continents and highlights include Antarctica, South America, Australia/New Zealand and Asia voyages; a Grand World Voyage; and popular sailings to ports in the Caribbean, Alaska, Mexico, Canada/New England, Europe and Panama Canal.
Holland chose WebCenter Sites to replace their failing Teamsite implementation which was constantly experiencing issues. This drove a sense of urgency to advance this phase of the project as quickly as possible.
They are using WebCenter Sites to produce XML data for consumption by their systems. Their online booking system uses the XML data for generation of their booking website. Their online cruise and tour systems use the XML to generate all the documentation that accompanies a cruise booking or a shore excursion: www.hollandamerica.com then select cruise package which takes you to their booking sites: book.hollandamerica.com and book.seaborn.com
- The data model is fully populated by ingestion of existing XML files and the Sites REST api
- There is a custom workflow including multiple publish points for QA and testing
- Includes a fully custom XML publishing Model
- Custom tree tabs
- Custom Delete option for xml Files
For more info on Element Solutions: visit their website:www.elementsolutions.com
For more specific info on upgrades. Upgrades to WebCenter Sites