By me on Sep 25, 2012
Author: Peter Reiser - Social Business Evangelist, Oracle WebCenter
College of American Pathologists Goes Live with OracleWebCenter - Imaging, AP Invoice Automation, and EBS Managed Attachment with Support for Imaging Content
The business objective was to content-enable their Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) enterprise application by combining the best of Imaging and Manage Attachment functionality providing a unique opportunity for the business to have unprecedented access to both structure and unstructured content from within their enterprise application.
The solution improves customer services turnaround time, provides better compliance and improves maintenance and management of the technology infrastructure.
The College of American Pathologists (CAP), celebrating 50 years as the gold standard in laboratory accreditation, is a medical society serving more than 17,000 physician members and the global laboratory community. It is the world’s largest association composed exclusively of board certified pathologists and is the worldwide leader in laboratory quality assurance. The College advocates accountable, high-quality, and cost-effective patient care. The more than 17,000 pathologist members of the College of American Pathologists represent board-certified pathologists and pathologists in training worldwide. More than 7,000 laboratories are accredited by the CAP, and approximately 23,000 laboratories are enrolled in the College’s proficiency testing programs.
The CAP business objective was to content-enable their Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) enterprise application by combining the best of Imaging and Manage Attachment functionality providing a unique opportunity for the business to have unprecedented access to both structure and unstructured content from within their enterprise application.
- Bring more flexibility to systems and programs in order to adapt quickly
- Get a 360 degree view of the customer
- Reduce cost of running the business
With the help of Oracle Consulting, the customer implemented Oracle WebCenter Content as the centralized E-Business Suite Document Repository. The solution enables to capture, present and manage all unstructured content (PDFs,word processing documents, scanned images, etc.) related to Oracle E-Business Suite transactions and exposing the related content using the familiar EBS User Interface.
The CAP achieved following benefits from the implemented solution:
Managed Attachment Solution
- Align with strategic Oracle Fusion Middleware platform
- Integrate with the CAP existing data capture capabilities
- Single user interface provided by the Managed Attachment solution for all content
- Better compliance and improved collaboration
Account Payables Invoice Processing Imaging Solution
- Automated invoice management eliminating dependency on paper materials and improving compliance, collaboration and accuracy
- A single repository to house and secure scanned invoices and all supplemental documents
- Greater management visibility of invoice entry process