Tuesday Dec 23, 2014
Monday Dec 22, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 22, 2014
Controlled chaos - this phrase sums up most enterprise-wide projects as workers, documents, and materials move from task to task. To effectively manage this chaos, project-centric organizations need to consider a new set of tools to allow for speedy access to all project assets and to ensure accurate and up-to-date information is provided to the entire project team.
Fishbowl Solutions and Oracle would invite you to view an on-demand webinar on an exciting new solution for enterprise project management. This solution transforms how project-based tools like Oracle Primavera, and project assets, such as documents and diagrams, are accessed and shared.
If you missed Fishbowl’s recent webinar on their new Enterprise Information Portal for Project Management, you can now view a recording of it on YouTube or below. You can learn more about this solution and how to contact Fishbowl on their blog.
Wednesday Dec 17, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 17, 2014
Q: So, what exactly are Process Automation Solutions and why are they important?
Today’s organizations face increasing business pressures due to:
- Constantly changing competitors
- Stricter regulations
- Faster pace of innovation
- Customer demand for better customer service
- Seamless collaboration among all stakeholders
- Deep insights for making better business decisions
- An unprecedented level of agility and operational excellence
- Reduce cost
- Increase efficiency
- Improve customer experience
- Business user-friendly modeling and optimization tools
- Tools for system integration
- Business activity monitoring dashboards
- Rich task and case management capabilities for end users
- Realize faster time-to-value when implementing business processes
- Real-time information through rich process analytics
- Business architecture modeling tools for fast process definition
- Industry proven templates and tools for superior case management solutions
- Simple work management through business-centric tools
Monday Dec 15, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 15, 2014
“This accomplishment is a true testament to the dedicated and talented professionals responsible for expanding our Oracle practice,” said John Klein, Principal at Redstone “Oracle WebCenter Suite helps our customer’s businesses by empowering them to securely accumulate and disseminate knowledge.”
Read the entire press release here.
Thursday Dec 11, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 11, 2014
Primitive Logic was named one of the keynote speakers at December 4th's Oracle Day, WebCenter Executive Roundtable. Andy Lin, Primitive Logic's VP of Interactive presented on Digital Engagement and the importance of connecting experiences to outcomes.
Customers demand a quality digital experience.
- Mobile matters. 70% of all mobile searches result in action within 1 hour. 70% of online searches result in action in one month.
- Getting personal has its rewards. Businesses that personalize their web experience are seeing an average of 19% increase in sales.
- Don't forget to be social. 40% of consumers factor in social media recommendations when making purchasing decisions.
- Say the same thing across all channels. 35% of consumers shop multiple channels and expect a consistent sales and marketing experience.
A good experience leads to engaged customers. (this is not a new concept) Companies such as Zappos and Nordstrom have always understood that experience matters and a happy customer is an engaged customer. As brick and mortar store fronts migrated to the world wide web, digital became the frontier for the ultimate customer experience. The rise of social media, personalization, video and user generated content has expanded the social aspect of digital. The proliferation of devices has delivered a content-on-demand atmosphere and an always connected society.
- Capitalizing on those moments in time of “Discovery and Inspiration” creates an experience that deepens Engagement
- Reducing friction to shorten the cycle time of the buy/transaction
- Enterprises that have the best time to market with new engagement channels will lead and win
Interested in a Complete Solution Approach? Click here to learn more.
Monday Dec 08, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 08, 2014
Oracle’s Document Management tools can provide the hybrid solution of secure cloud-based file sharing and collaboration, as well as on-premise ECM integration that embodies a Next Generation Content Management System.
- Synchronize your files and folders across your computer and mobile devices for easy access to the most up-to-date content.
- Securely share and collaborate on files with coworkers and others outside your organization. For example, you can give your marketing team full edit rights to update content while restricting your sales team and partners to have view-only or view and download access.
- Data encryption at rest
- Data encryption in transit,
- Database schema isolation
- Enriching other SaaS solutions with in-context file collaboration capabilities
- Extending a document review and approval process to outside vendors
Friday Dec 05, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 05, 2014
Originally posted on the Redstone Content Solutions blog.
"We place a high value on the manner and effectiveness in which we manage our client’s projects."
Many companies over the years have made this or similar statements to their customers. Which begs the question, “What, if anything, have they done to assure their customers that they mean what they say and that it is truly a top priority to them.?"
Okay, we admit it. We have made statements similar to the one above here at Redstone Content Solutions, but to us it not merely a statement used to close deals or woo a customers into doing business with us. We truly believe that process and knowledge are key in delivering our customers the most effective and efficient Oracle WebCenter Project experience as possible. One of the ways we accomplish this is by investing in our project managers on a continuous basis - In fact, all of Redstone’s project managers are Trained and Certified Project Management Professionals (PMP).
Read the entire article here.
Tuesday Dec 02, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Dec 02, 2014
- Empowers their customers, citizens, employees, suppliers, and partners
- Optimizes their business operations
- Fuels innovation and increases business
- Consistent across all channels to drive user loyalty
- Delivering relevant content (including links, documents, promotions, and documents) to the right users and at the right time
Q: It seems that today, everyone is trying to deliver these engaging digital experiences. Can you touch on the importance and why organizations should take action now if they aren’t already doing this?
Today’s consumers are “plugged in” 24/7. They demand instant access to information and transactional capabilities whenever they want them. They are savvy when it comes to making decisions and unafraid to make a change if a company no longer meets their expectations.
Q:What types of technologies are out there if an organization was looking to deliver digital experiences to their end users?
Oracle WebCenter can be used in a variety of ways to deliver engaging Digital Experiences:
- Oracle WebCenter Sites is a Web Experience Management (WEM) tool that enables business users to easily create and manage contextually relevant social and interactive online experiences across multiple channels on a global scale to drive sales and loyalty.
- Oracle WebCenter Portal is an enterprise Portal platform that can deliver role-based user experiences for use cases such as:
- Employee intranets (e.g. HR portal, Finance portal)
- Citizen self-service
- Partner collaboration
- Marketing website
Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) is a rules and workflow engine that delivers transactional engagement to a web interface. Oracle WebCenter can provide contextual user experiences while BPM drives efficient and convenient user interaction. For example, Oracle WebCenter would provide a citizen that has a bad driving record with links to pay fines to the Department of Transportation. Oracle BPM would provide that citizen with the actual tools to initiate the payment process, route a payment to the correct DOT employees, and keep all parties aware of the payments status in workflow.
- Support a growing global partner ecosystem with secure, multilingual online experience
- Provide integrated role-based experiences for all customers and partners within a single portal (www.panduit.com).
- Improve number and quality of sales leads through increased web and mobile customer interactions and registrations
- Experience the benefits with activity up 57% from previous year with portal site @ 42,632 self-serve transactions per month
Monday Nov 24, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 24, 2014
Tuesday Nov 18, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 18, 2014
Oracle is proud to be a sponsor of the 2014 Gilbane Content and Digital Experience Conference. The Gilbane Conference brings together industry experts, content managers, marketers, marketing technologists, technology and executive strategists to share experiences and explore the most effective technologies and approaches to help enterprises build agile, sustainable digital experiences.
- Oracle Booth: Oracle WebCenter: Creating Next-Gen Digital Experiences
- Oracle Presentation & Product Lab: Creating Next-Gen Digital Experiences - Wednesday, December 3, 12:40 p.m. – 1:25 p.m.
- Presented by: Chris Preston, Senior Director, Oracle & Gary Matsell, Principal Sales Consultant WebCenter, Oracle
- Attendees will learn how to:
- Attract and engage customers with relevant, interactive, and intuitive experiences
- Deliver self-service experiences that are personalized, integrated, and secure
- Engage and convert customers with consistent, contextual, and multi-channel experiences
Thursday Nov 13, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 13, 2014
Wednesday Nov 12, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 12, 2014
The November edition of Oracle WebCenter Newsletter is out! Top stories in this edition include: Next-Generation Accounts Payable Process Automation, Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Award Winners for Oracle Business Process Management and Oracle WebCenter Implementations, and Meet the Oracle WebCenter Team: Mariam Tariq, Senior Director of Product Management.
The newsletter is your one stop shop for information on recently published resources, latest industry buzz, Oracle news and upcoming events and activities. So, we highly recommend you subscribe to the newsletter today!
Get your free November edition today, compliments of Oracle.
Friday Nov 07, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 07, 2014
- Increase your sales conversion rate
- Generate revenue through “convenience” fees
- Improve effectiveness of organizational promotions
Q: So if someone was looking to dive in and begin delivering services across multiple channels, how would they get started and what technologies are available to them?
The Oracle solution for Multi-Channel service delivery is a combination of two Fusion Middleware products – Oracle WebCenter and Oracle Business Process Management. Oracle WebCenter is the next generation user engagement platform that allows for rapid development of responsive user interfaces. WebCenter provides organizations with a toolset to deliver role-based user experiences that are intuitive, social, and allow for easy content management. Oracle Business Process Management – also known as BPM – is the engine that drives self-service capabilities. BPM streamlines and automates existing processes into well-oiled workflows that rely on any combination of human and system-driven events to reach business goals. The integration between these products is seamless, leading implementers to stress-free implementations and faster time-to-production.
Tuesday Nov 04, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 04, 2014
WebCenter Content & Imaging for Oracle Application Customers
Thursday, November 13, 2014
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST
Learn from industry experts how »Oracle WebCenter« extends and streamlines document management
Join Oracle & Sofbang on November 13th for an informative free webinar on WebCenter Content and Imaging.
WebCenter Content is Oracle’s best-in-breed comprehensive Enterprise Content Management system (ECM). It gives the user everything that they need to create and manage a wide range of content across the enterprise. It also offers an enterprise class solution for centralized imaging and capture.
Key Benefits of WebCenter
- Provides fast ROI by eliminating paper, automating business processes & reducing time and labor costs associated with manual data entry
- Provides ongoing ROI by enabling wide scale enterprise imaging use and increasing delivery of data to back-office applications
- Maximizes existing investments in Oracle FMW & applications
- Safe, strategic investment as the default imaging solution for the next generation of Oracle applications
Monday Nov 03, 2014
By Kellsey Ruppel-Oracle on Nov 03, 2014
Oracle WebCenter is the center of engagement for business—powering
exceptional experiences for customers, partners, and employees. It connects
people, process, and information with the most complete portfolio of portal,
Web experience management, content, imaging and collaboration technologies.
- TekStream Reduces Project Admin Costs by 30% with Oracle Documents Cloud
- Breakthrough Solution for A/R and A/P Automation
- Deadline Approaching: Nominations for Innovation Awards - 2015
- Mobilizing Siebel CRM Documents with Documents Cloud Service
- Get to Know the Latest Feature Updates in Documents Cloud Service
- Webcast: Introducing Oracle Mobile Cloud Service
- Automate Order Receipt & Processing with Oracle WebCenter
- WebCenter & BPM: Adaptive Case Management
- Simplify Enterprise Mobility with Mobile Application Framework
- Is Cloud File Sharing Enough for Your Business?
- /Oracle OpenWorld
- /Social Enterprise
- /WebCenter Content
- /WebCenter Portal
- /WebCenter Sites
- /WebCenter Social