Wednesday Mar 26, 2008
Wednesday Feb 20, 2008
By walterbays on Feb 20, 2008
SPEC SFS97_R1 is SPEC's benchmark suite for evaluating performance of network file servers using the NFS protocol. The committee has been working to update the workload based on measurements at thousands of customer sites, add support for Windows and Mac OS X clients, and add support for the CIFS protocol. For this important work SPEC recognizes NSPlab, two engineers from another member company which prefers not to be thanked publicly, and Don Capps of NetApp, who is also known as the creator of the IOzone filesystem benchmark.
I am a software engineer in San Diego, president of the Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation (spec.org), formerly a mathematician and a violist.
- getting ready for SPEC awards
- TurboTax on VirtualBox problem solved
- SPECtacular awards - High Performance Computing
- SPECtacular awards - academia meets industry
- SPECtacular awards - Java
- Oracle Takes Off!
- Music for today
- Fixing OO 3.1 spellcheck on OpenSolaris
- Another new U-verse feature
- Street Smart hybrid electric bicycle