Blog Tag... 5 Things Most People Don't Know About Me
By was on Dec 28, 2006
Ok, watt, rama, martin and of course, skrocki have bugged me to disclose 5 things most people don't know about me. The biggest problem I have with this is that I'm somewhat an open person (to folks I know), so there's not a lot of secrets...
Here's a random collection (mostly from a discussion with my wife over a bottle of wine):
- I can fix almost anything. Without a manual. Really. And I love to do it. I got my professional car racing license because I liked working on the cars, and understanding how they worked, and how to make them faster (even for almost no money... I ran a Nissan 240SX in NASA PCTCC class, and there wasn't a lot of money in the entire class...)
- That leads me to the "I have a professional racing license" (sadly it expired). I have driven at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, and Infineon Raceway. I smoked a brand new Corvette in my Audi S4 (ok, it was raining..., still, hearing a grown man beg me not to pass him again was very satisfying)
- I met my wife on the internet. Back in the good/bad old days of the "old" match.com. Before they were acquired/acquired someone and flooded the postings with a bunch of crap.
- I'm generous with my time (at home). I'm quite happy to help my neighbor down the street put some random bookshelves together, fix a fence, hang drapes or whatever. At work, it is frequently not the same deal (although I wish it could be!)
- I have very few, very close friends, and only one who lives anywhere near me. Even he is an hour away
- Bonus: I have lived all across the USA, but never outside the USA. It was always my dream to live in Europe for a year or two, and it almost worked out that way when I was in Europe for my senior college summer, and I met the head of IBM while in the South of France. Ok, I met the nanny of his kids... he offered me a job, but my mom called crying, and my best friend Gene begged me to come home. Funny thing is Gene went on to marry a Danish girl, and moved to Luxembourg for 4 long years.
There. More than you've ever wanted to hear or know. Way too personal.