Thursday Dec 02, 2010
Friday Oct 01, 2010
Thursday Sep 23, 2010
Friday Sep 17, 2010
Wednesday Aug 18, 2010
Monday Aug 16, 2010
Friday Aug 13, 2010
Sunday Jul 11, 2010
Wednesday Jun 09, 2010
By David Allan-Oracle on Jun 09, 2010
Monday May 03, 2010
By David Allan-Oracle on May 03, 2010
Ever wondered how to build degenerate dimensions in OWB and get the benefits of slowly changing dimensions and cube loading? Now its possible through some changes in 11gR2 to make the dimension and cube loading much more flexible. This will let you get the benefits of OWB's surrogate key handling and slowly changing dimension reference when loading the fact table and need degenerate dimensions (see Ralph Kimball's degenerate dimensions design tip).
Here we will see how to use the cube operator to load slowly changing, regular and degenerate dimensions. The cube and cube operator can now work with dimensions which have no surrogate key as well as dimensions with surrogates, so you can get the benefit of the cube loading and incorporate the degenerate dimension loading. What you need to do is create a dimension in OWB that is purely used for ETL metadata;
- the dimension itself is never deployed (its table is, but has not data)
- it has no surrogate keys
- has a single level with a business attribute the degenerate dimension data and a dummy attribute, say description just to pass the OWB validation.
When this degenerate dimension is added into a cube, you will need to configure the fact table created and set the 'Deployable' flag to FALSE for the foreign key generated to the degenerate dimension table. The degenerate dimension reference will then be in the cube operator and used when matching.[Read More]
ETL, CDC, Real-Time DI and Data Quality for the Oracle Database from the inside.
- OWB-TO-ODI MIGRATION PATCH FOR OWB 18.104.22.168 TO ODI 12.2.1 released
- ODI 12c - Migrating from OWB to ODI - PLSQL Procedures
- OWB to ODI 12c Migration in action
- OWB to ODI Migration Utility now available for OWB 22.214.171.124 +CP3 Linux and Windows 64-bit standalone installation.
- OWB to ODI Migration Utility released for Windows 64 bit.
- OWB to ODI Migration Utility Webcast - Thu 12th December
- Planning the journey from Oracle Warehouse Builder to Oracle Data Integrator
- OWB to ODI Migration Utility released.
- OWB - 126.96.36.199 Windows standalone client released
- ODI 12c is GA