User-Contributed Utility: Source to Target Impact Analysis Expert
By antonio romero on Apr 02, 2009
Submitted by Anthony Chow of Octagon Research, this expert locates all target tables for any given source table and output the results to a CSV.
Through OMB+, I used the technique of parsing the result strings from OMBIMPACT DEPENDENCYTYPE calls.
Some assumptions used during development, which you can certainly modify:
· "Project" is equivalent to projects shown as top nodes in the Project Explorer
· "Study" is equivalent to Oracle databases under each project
· Select to analyze multiple source tables by using the Ctrl key
· Target tables have "_FINAL" as the suffix in the name
· Patience is certainly virtuous; great results take time to produce
· OMBIMPACT DEPENDENCYTYPE is unable to detect impacts against columns embedded into expressions; and the pivot and unpivot operators