OWB Application Connector Interfaces Now Documented
By antonio romero on Jan 10, 2009
Oracle Warehouse Builder Application Connectors provide simplified access to the underlying data from Oracle's ERP applications-- E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Siebel, and MDM applications.
The benefits of application connectors include:
- The database objects exposed to the OWB user can be limited to those that correspond to the logical-level business objects managed by the application.
- Those objects can be managed and used in OWB under meaningful business names instead of cryptic physical-level names, and grouped into business areas if the application provides such metadata.
The result is improved developer productivity on projects where the supported ERP applications are used as sources and/or targets for OWB in data integration, data warehousing and data quality management.
Oracle makes available application connectors for many Oracle ERP applications such as Oracle E-Business Suite. However, Oracle customers using applications other than those supported by official Oracle OWB connectors have similar requirements.
To help application vendors better serve these customers, we are opening the interfaces used to build OWB connectors for use by creators of Oracle-based applications. A new whitepaper provides all of the needed information to create your own connectors.
This whitepaper will:
- Present the business value of building a connector for your own application
- Describe all of the required components of a connector, and the different levels of functionality a connector supports
- Review a real example of a connector created to work with an application not developed by Oracle
The paper is available (as PDF) on the OTN Web site.
If you have an application based on Oracle, we invite you to explore the technical and business opportunities around buliding your own connectors. Contact Oracle Warehouse Builder PM Antonio Romero if you have questions.