Oracle Warehouse Builder Release 11g is now available
By antonio romero on Aug 12, 2007
Oracle Warehouse Builder Release 11g for Linux is now available for download.
You can get it one of two ways:
- Download Oracle Database Release 11g, which incorporates the core OWB Release 11g product when installed;
- Oracle Database 10gR2 users can download Oracle Warehouse Builder Release 11g standalone, for use with Oracle Database 10g Release 2. You do not have to immediately upgrade to Oracle Database 11g to use OWB 11g.
Apart from the new features in the Warehouse Builder 11g release, the major change is the inclusion of Warehouse Builder in the default 11g database installation. Every Oracle Database customer will get Oracle's market-leading ETL capabilities right out of the box, with no extra effort.
The major new features for this release are:
- Availability of Siebel Connector, 11g Gateway support, and 11g Database support
- Simplified installation (incorporating installation of Oracle Workflow) and repository/workspace management
- Improved performance tuning (explain plan support, statistics gathering and SQL tuning advisor)
- Enhanced SQL Generation (advanced aggregation support, DML error logging in mappings)
- Better dimensional support (hierarchy versioning, more advanced binding options)
- Better support for federation (graphical creation of views including materialized views, full impact analysis and lineage, read/write support for more sources through new gateways)
Further, customers who take up Warehouse Builder 11g now will be well-positioned to take advantage of features in future releases, including:
- Integrated Sunopsis/ODI functionality
- Change data capture (CDC)
- Real-time data integration
- Web Services support
- Orphan management in dimensional modeling and ETL
- Better integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition features
We've been excited by the enthusiasm we've seen among customers and partners for OWB 10.2. As OWB Release 11g gets into more hands and its advantages become apparent, we expect that trend to continue.
Future blog posts will look in more detail at how the new release builds upon the already-leading features of deliver value to customers. But early adopters can jump in now-- download Oracle Warehouse Builder Release 11g standalone,or the full Oracle Database Release 11g,and see the improvements first-hand.