Friday Aug 28, 2009
Friday Jun 19, 2009
By user9141613 on Jun 19, 2009
Thursday, July 9th
(Second Life Time is the same as Pacific Time)
Location: Sun Solaris Campus in Second Life (SLURL) http://slurl.com/secondlif
Pro OpenSolaris was written to demonstrate that you can host your open source applications and solutions on OpenSolaris, taking advantage of its advanced features such as containers and other forms of virtualization, the ZFS file system, and DTrace. Spend an hour with author Harry Foxwell and learn more about the latest release - OpenSolaris 2009.06, and features such as Crossbow.
Harry Foxwell is a system engineer for Sun Microsystems Federal, Inc., specializing in operating system support (Solaris, OpenSolaris, and Linux). He is also an adjunct professor of computer science at George Mason University, where he has taught, among other classes, operating system courses based on OpenSolaris. He has also written several book reviews for ACM’s Computing Reviews.
Information, learning, stories and more about Oracle in virtual worlds.
- Blog being migrating
- Demo of Virtual Datacenter - 3D and Web
- Oracle in Virtual Worlds
- MPK16 Launches in Second Life
- More Information on Virtual MPK16
- MPK16 in the Virtual World!
- Expert Chat Tomorrow - Digital Quicksand - 9am in Second Life
- Author Chat Today! Please join us!
- Author Chat: New Sun Press Title - Read Me First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry, Third Edition
- Expert Chat: Digital Quicksand: Time-Draining Habits in a Web 2.0 World