Java Web Start fast and easy...
By vbkraemer on Dec 27, 2005
- Package the app in a jar...Covered
- Deploying a JWS App... Covered
- Setting up the Web Server... Covered
- Creating the JNLP File... Covered
- Placing the Application on the Web Server... Covered
- Creating the Web Page... Almost
Then I got to thinking, does an application client need to access resources from the server? The answer is no. It might, but doesn't have to. That means that a developer could create a "plain old java application", wrap it up in an Enterprise Application and let the GlassFish Project's deployment mechanism do the tedious housekeepinng. Their app would be JWS enabled with hardly any effort.