BIRT and GlassFish b41
By vbkraemer on Mar 25, 2006
- I used the asadmin deploydir command, instead of copying files to a deploy directory. GlassFish has an autodeploy directory, but it expects archives to be placed there, not "exploded" archives.
- I did not need to copy the files from Axis 1.2.1, listed in the instructions. It looks like the files are already there in the 2.0.1 release.
- I created a <BIRT-ROOT>/WEB-INF/sun-web.xml file. It looked like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE sun-web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Application Server 9.0 Servlet 2.5//EN" "http://www.sun.com/software/appserver/dtds/sun-web-app_2_5-0.dtd"> <sun-web-app error-url=""> <context-root>/birt-viewer</context-root> <class-loader delegate="false"/> <jsp-config> <property name="classdebuginfo" value="true"> <description>Enable debug info compilation in the generated servlet class</description> </property> <property name="mappedfile" value="true"> <description>Maintain a one-to-one correspondence between static content and the generated servlet class' java code</description> </property> </jsp-config> </sun-web-app>
- I did need to copy commons-logging-1.0.4.jar from Axis 1.2.1, into <BIRT-ROOT>/WEB-INF/lib.
- I had to copy the derby.jar from <BIRT-ROOT>/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc to <BIRT-ROOT>/WEB-INF/lib
After doing this, I was able to view the "installation report" and the "more complex report".