Tuesday Sep 02, 2014
Thursday Aug 21, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Aug 21, 2014
The August 2014 edition of the Oracle Virtualization Newsletter is now available! You can catch up on what's been going on with Oracle VM, Oracle Secure Global Desktop, and Oracle VM VirtualBox by reading the latest issue. Here are some highlights:
- Oracle Announces Oracle VM 3.3 Release
- Technology Preview of OpenStack Icehouse with Oracle Linux and Oracle VM Now Available
- Getting Started with Oracle VM, Oracle Linux, and OpenStack
- Oracle VM Test Drive Workshop on Cisco UCS
- Updated Oracle VM Storage Connect Plug-in for Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance Now Available
- Controlled Remote Access with Oracle Secure Global Desktop and amitego VISULOX
- And much more!
Tuesday Aug 12, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Aug 12, 2014
As of August 11, 2014, Oracle VM for x86_64 versions 3.2.1 (and above) and 3.3.1 are certified and supported for SAP environments. Oracle VM provides SAP customers with a fully supported and certified virtualization environment for the Oracle Database.
For SAP customers, you can access the SAP Note 1808268 [NOTE: SAP login required!] for more details.
Friday Aug 08, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Aug 08, 2014
Friday Jul 25, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jul 25, 2014
Happy SysAdmin day and happy Friday!
Friday Jul 18, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jul 18, 2014
And for our spotlight this week, I wanted to highlight a fantastic series of events coming up during August in Latin America:
Congratulations to the Latin America User Groups on assembling yet another great tour for 2014!!! Agendas are packed full of great topics from Oracle Database to Oracle Linux, Oracle VM, including Java and Cloud Solutions. If you find yourself in the region or live there, please register and reserve a seat. Talk to the experts, get hands on. No spin, just a great learning experience with experienced users!!
Brazil - August 2
Panamá - August 4
Chile - August 4 and 5
Costa Rica - August 6
Perú - August 7
México - August 8
Guatemala - August 11
Argentina - August 11 and 12
El Salvador - August 13
Uruguay - August 14 and 15
Colombia - August 15 and 16
Ecuador - August 18 and 19
If you live in the areas where the events are taking place, I highly recommend checking them out.
We'll see you next week!
Friday Jul 04, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jul 04, 2014
Happy Friday, and for those of us in the US, happy Independence Day!
It's been an exciting week for Oracle Virtualization with the release of Oracle VM 3.3! If you haven't read Honglin's excellent blog post on what's new, be sure to have a look at it.
We also have a new screencast about Oracle VM Templates for you. It's both for Oracle partners and anyone who needs to distribute applications:
Grow Your Business Using Oracle VM Templates
Looking to boost your revenue and sustain growth for your business? View this screencast to see how you can gain an unfair advantage over your competition using Oracle VM Templates for distribution of Oracle Linux, Oracle applications or your own applications.
See you next week!
Friday Jun 27, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jun 27, 2014
I wanted to draw your attention this week to a new resource kit entitled OracleVM-Foundation for Private Cloud. It's an easy to access one stop shop for everything related to Oracle VM and private cloud. In it, you'll find white papers, an eBook, an analyst report, cost calculator, and more. I hope you enjoy looking through it and we'll see you next week!
Thursday Jun 26, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jun 26, 2014
The June 2014 edition of the Oracle Virtualization newsletter is now available! Learn about Oracle VM, Oracle Linux, and OpenStack, new Oracle VM Templates, a fantastic webcast on enterprise-scale deployments, content from Oracle partners, and much more.
Wednesday Jun 18, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jun 18, 2014
Please join Oracle Executives Mark Hurd, Wim Coekaerts, and Scott Genereux as they announce the latest Virtual Compute Appliance. Discover how the Virtual Compute Appliance delivers virtualized application infrastructure and how it differentiates from other converged infrastructure solutions.
June 24, 2014
10:00 AM PT/1:00 PM ET
Friday Jun 13, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Jun 13, 2014
Friday May 30, 2014
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on May 30, 2014
Oracle's Ronen Kofman kicked off a fantastic series this week on OpenStack network architecture. Our Spotlight today is the first article in that series, "Diving into OpenStack Network Architecture - Part 1."
See you next week!
Wednesday May 14, 2014
By Zeynep Koch-Oracle on May 14, 2014
Cisco Live is Cisco’s premier education and training destination for IT professionals worldwide. Oracle will be part of the largest gathering of Cisco customers, experts, and partners anywhere in the world, on May 18-22 in San Francisco.
Cisco is one of our closest partners with more than 20 years of partnership, which covers engineering, joint solutions, sales engagement, support for mutual customers and more. As part of our engineering engagement, Cisco is constantly qualifying and supporting Cisco UCS hardware on Oracle Linux with the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel and Oracle VM.
Oracle had been collaborating with Cisco and Netapp to validate the FlexPod solutions for Oracle Linux and Oracle VM. The combined products give customers access to infrastructure designs that are pre-tested and pre-validated building blocks for application consolidation, private cloud migration or data center modernization. In addition to the benefits of the integrated design and validation, there are specific unique benefits that Oracle VM and Oracle Linux add to Cisco products. You can get more information about these solutions as well as other key advantages of using Oracle Linux and Oracle VM if you visit our booth.
Come and see us at Booth 2229 – Cisco Application Partners Pavilion.
Monday Apr 28, 2014
By SunilDusankar-Oracle on Apr 28, 2014
Following links points to these PSUs for Oracle Secure Global Desktop releases, PSUs are available for download on My Oracle Support (MOS)
- My Oracle Support (MOS) Information Center for
Oracle Secure Global Desktop is accessed via DOC
ID 1519265.2 lists up-to-date information.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop Release Announcement Reference (Doc ID 1597467.1) is an index of the Oracle Secure Global Desktop PSUs announcements
- Patch Set Updates for Secure Global Desktop 5.1 (Doc ID 1618744.1)
- Patch Set Updates for Secure Global Desktop 5.0 (Doc ID 1606985.1)
- Patch Set Updates for Secure Global Desktop 4.71 (Doc ID 1607050.1)
- Patch Set Update for Secure Global Desktop Gateway, version 4.71 (Doc ID 1662963.1)
- Patch Set Updates for Secure Global Desktop 4.63 (Doc ID 1607706.1)
- Patch Set Update for Secure Global Desktop
Gateway, version 4.63 (Doc
- Java Virtual Machine Updates for Secure Global Desktop (Doc ID 1585558.1)
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.24 Released
- Announcing Release 2.0.0 of Oracle VM Storage Connect Plug-in for Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance
- Friday Spotlight: Training for Oracle VM, a Proven Solution for Enterprise Tier-1 Applications
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM Paravirtual Drivers 3.2.3 for Microsoft Windows released!
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.22 Release
- Oracle VM 3.3.2 Released
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM VirtualBox
- EVENT CANCELLED: Oracle VM Test Drive Workshop on Cisco UCS in New York, NY
- New Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database
- Friday Spotlight: Powering a Demanding Enterprise Operation with Oracle VM