Lot's of chatter out there today about VMware's migration program. Below are a few points for customers to consider…
1. Oracle is dedicated to the on-going support of Virtual Iron customers and has enhanced the support offering beyond what was previously available from Virtual Iron. Oracle is pleased to be able to offer its Lifetime Support program for Virtual Iron products, which will extend sustaining support for these products and the Virtual Iron Enterprise Edition products indefinitely. Please refer to the Lifetime Support Policy: Oracle Technology Products on the specific support options for Virtual Iron products. In addition, Oracle has retained Virtual Iron support personnel, so that people who provided support prior to the acquisition will continue to do so going forward.
2. Our intent is to seamlessly combine Virtual Iron's technology with Oracle VM to deliver a product that is unique in the industry both in breadth of functionality, and also depth of features specifically designed to make the full application stack easier to deploy, manage, and support in a virtual environment. Through the combination of Virtual Iron's technology with Oracle VM, customers will be able to benefit from an optimized, efficient application infrastructure with low operating costs. In the meantime, existing customers can be assured that they are fully supported, 24x7 through a world-class support organization.
3. Oracle VM is a free download. Virtual Iron customers can download and start using Oracle VM today. Oracle VM supports both Oracle and non-Oracle software, and delivers more efficient performance than other virtualization products. Moreover, there's no license cost for Oracle VM. You can benefit from complete virtualization and operating system stack with Oracle Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM that permits dramatically faster and easier deployment of enterprise software.
4. Compare. Oracle VM support pricing.
For more information, you can visit:
* Learn more about Oracle and Virtual Iron
* Oracle VM