Monday Dec 03, 2012
Tuesday Feb 21, 2012
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Feb 21, 2012
We're here live at HIMSS 2012. I did a post a few weeks ago where I described how we'd be hosting the Oracle demos during the show, and I'm pleased to say it's a huge success!
Oracle has 12 demo pods showcasing our healthcare solutions. Things like "Accountable Care and Health Engagement", "Leveraging Data for Translational Research", "Next-Generation Healthcare Solutions", "Connected Health Platform", and 8 others. The exciting thing for us is that every single one of these demo pods is powered by a server-hosted virtual desktop machine running on Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Each pod has dual 21-inch monitors and a Sun Ray 3 Plus Client, and we have several Apple iPads in the booth that can demo any of the Oracle solutions using the Oracle Virtual Desktop Client.
In fact, one of the more interesting things I've done today involves the iPad, too. Right now, I'm composing this blog post on a Windows XP virtual machine provided by the booth infrastructure we created using Oracle desktop virtualization. It's displayed on my iPad2 and I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard to type. It's a pretty cool and portable way to work with a full desktop and I'm not slowed down by using a virtual keyboard.
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Live WebCast: Oracle VM VirtualBox
- OOW15: SGI Showcasing Their Solution at Oracle OpenWorld
- Friday Spotlight: How to find your Cloud-in-a-box in San Francisco?
- Oracle Sponsors LinuxCon Europe - Dublin, Oct 5-7
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.0.6 Now Available!
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle Linux, Virtualization, and OpenStack Showcase at OOW15
- Hiring an Oracle VM Server for SPARC Curriculum Developer
- The September 2015 Oracle Virtualization Newsletter is Now Available
- Manage Infrastructure as a Service with Oracle Private Cloud Appliance
- Friday Spotlight: Start Reserving Your Spots in Oracle OpenWorld 2015 Sessions