Monday Dec 03, 2012
Tuesday Feb 21, 2012
By Chris Kawalek on Feb 21, 2012
We're here live at HIMSS 2012. I did a post a few weeks ago where I described how we'd be hosting the Oracle demos during the show, and I'm pleased to say it's a huge success!
Oracle has 12 demo pods showcasing our healthcare solutions. Things like "Accountable Care and Health Engagement", "Leveraging Data for Translational Research", "Next-Generation Healthcare Solutions", "Connected Health Platform", and 8 others. The exciting thing for us is that every single one of these demo pods is powered by a server-hosted virtual desktop machine running on Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure. Each pod has dual 21-inch monitors and a Sun Ray 3 Plus Client, and we have several Apple iPads in the booth that can demo any of the Oracle solutions using the Oracle Virtual Desktop Client.
In fact, one of the more interesting things I've done today involves the iPad, too. Right now, I'm composing this blog post on a Windows XP virtual machine provided by the booth infrastructure we created using Oracle desktop virtualization. It's displayed on my iPad2 and I'm using a Bluetooth keyboard to type. It's a pretty cool and portable way to work with a full desktop and I'm not slowed down by using a virtual keyboard.
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Friday Spotlight: Get Hands-on Virtually or In Person With Our Upcoming Events
- Oracle VM Paravirtual Drivers for Microsoft Windows 3.2.2 released!
- Oracle VM Virtual Appliances now available for E-Business Suite 12.2.3
- Friday Spotlight: What's in a Name?
- Oracle VM 3.3 Beta
- The February '14 Oracle Virtualization Newsletter is Out!
- Oracle's Strategic Commitment to Application-Driven Virtualization
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.8 released!
- Friday Spotlight: Amitego's Tools Updated for latest Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- Live Webcast: Data Intensity Presents Building Private Clouds on Oracle VM