We are pleased to announce the availability of Oracle VM 2.1.5, bringing customers and partners the benefits of better interoperability with the new Oracle VM Manager Web Services API.
In addition, the latest Oracle VM 2.1.5 release has integrated accumulated bug fixes, security update, and enhanced hardware drivers to help customers confidently deploy Oracle VM with more robustness, better security, higher performance, and broader hardware support.
Both the Oracle VM Server and Manager (ISO image files) are freely available for customer download at Oracle E-Delivery site.
The Oracle VM Server can also be updated via ULN (Unbreakable Linux Network). For Oracle VM Manager, you'll need to download the Oracle VM Manager media, and perform Install, Uninstall, or Upgrade task by executing the runInstaller.sh script.
To learn more about Oracle VM and how to upgrade to Oracle VM 2.1.5, you can read Oracle VM Documentation and also refer to the following blogs provided by Roddy Rodstein:
* Blog: How to update an Oracle VM Manager
* Blog: How to update an Oracle VM Server
You can sign up here to receive notification on software update delivered to ULN for Oracle VM, or you can browse the email archive.
* Roddy Rodstein: Oracle releases Oracle VM 2.1.5
* Sergio Leunissen: New Oracle VM 2.1.5 Web Services API
* Wim Coekaerts: Oracle VM Manager CLI and Web Services API , Oracle VM 2.1.5
Customers and Partners
* Customers Succeed with Oracle VM
* Customers Succeed with Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support
* Partners Endorse Oracle VM
Oracle VM Support
Oracle performs real-world testing on its broad portfolio of products with Oracle VM to ensure bulletproof reliability and streamlined support. Consult Support Note 464754.1 on My Oracle Support for the latest information on exact product versions certified.
* Purchase support at Oracle Unbreakable Linux and Oracle VM Store
* Support for Partners: Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM
We have exciting roadmaps for Oracle VM to deliver even more compelling functionality over the next several months. For customers to leverage these new functions, you need to implement it today and start to experience the benefits of Oracle VM. For more information on Oracle VM, please visit oracle.com/virtualization.