By Honglin Su-Oracle on Feb 02, 2012
We released the Oracle VM Server 3.0.3 SDK which is delivered as Oracle VM Templates. The Oracle VM Server SDK Template provides an environment for third party drivers to be built for the Oracle VM Server for x86. This environment is being provided because the Oracle VM dom0 (management domain) only contains a minimum set of packages, and it does not provide the additional development packages needed for building modules.
With the Oracle VM Server SDK, you can easily build a device driver for Oracle VM Server 3.0.3:
1) Set up a running Oracle VM environment including Oracle VM Manager 3.0 and Oracle VM Server 3.0. Refer to Oracle VM Documentation for additional details.
2) Download Oracle VM Server 3.0 SDK from Oracle Software Delivery Cloud. Select "Oracle VM Templates" from the "Select a Product Pack" pull-down menu, and choose "x86 64bit". Then locate the Oracle VM Server 3.0.3 SDK. Be sure to read the README.
3) Import the Oracle VM Template for Oracle VM Server 3.0.3 SDK from Oracle VM Manager, and clone the VM from the imported template. Refer to the documentation: Managing Virtual Machines for specific instructions of importing the template and cloning a VM from the template.
4) Start the VM - connecting to VM console and provide the network setting (DHCP or static IP, hostname, etc).
5) Log into the VM, download the driver and uncompress the driver source files. Then you are ready to build the driver for Oracle VM Server.
Note that Oracle provides support for third party drivers which have been
developed by partners in the Oracle Partner Network. For drivers
compiled by customers or partners using the SDK but that are not a part
of the Oracle Partner Network, Oracle will provide a "reasonable
effort" level of support as described by Oracle's "un-certified
configuration" support policy. However, Oracle does not provide updates
for any drivers built for Oracle VM Servers that have not been
distributed by the Unbreakable Linux Network. To become an Oracle Partner, please refer to the page of Oracle VM Knowledge Zone for Partners.