By Simon Coter-Oracle on Jun 17, 2016
Oracle is proud to announce the availability of Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 3.
This minor release includes following fixes from Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 2:
- GUI: more multi-screen full-screen issues fixed for Windows host (layout change, host-screen reattaching
- GUI: fixing Solaris crash in VM settings dialog, see here
- VMM: Paravirt fixes
- VMM: fixes on Mac OS X
- VMM: I/O-APIC fixes and improvements
- VMM: many other fixes
- VMM: fixes for 64-bit Solaris on 32-bit hosts
- ACPI: fixes for passing through the battery information to the guest
- Main: raised the initial values for RAM, VRAM and hard disk size for certain guests
- Main: WinXP guests defaults to E1000 (PRO/1000 T Server), better performance
- E1000: implemented interrupt throttling improving the performance under certain conditions
- Linux hosts: fixed several Qt5 problems when using the .run packages on recent Linux distributions, see here
- Linux installer: remove old VBox kernel modules before installing the new version
- X11 Additions: the drag and drop service of VBoxClient was blocked for 60 seconds during shutdown, see here
See all the details related to Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 3 here with a complete list of enhancements, bug fixes and links to download the software.
Please do _NOT_ use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Feedback and comments are obviously appreciated.
The Oracle VirtualBox Team