Capita IT Enterprise Services has launched a new service that enables businesses to migrate mission critical Oracle software deployments into a secure UK cloud. The service delivers Capita Private Cloud; a secure, private cloud platform, using Oracle VM and Oracle Linux, allowing businesses to adopt a blend of public and private cloud services without the complexity of managing multiple suppliers and contracts. Will O’Brien, VP Alliances & Channels at Oracle UK & Ireland, said: “Oracle VM has been a key enabler to support Capita’s Private Cloud for Oracle solution.”
Capita Private Cloud for Oracle includes:
• Server virtualisation environment using Oracle products;
• Onshore managed service and licensing up to and including the operating system;
• Provisioning of high performance compute and storage infrastructure;
• Templated secure network environment within ISO27001 certified data centre;
• OPEX pay-as-you-use charging options with no minimum commitment;
• Designed and implemented in collaboration with Oracle to help ensure an optimised environment from an operational and licensing perspective;
• Potential to integrate with other Capita IT enterprise services such as networks and collaboration.
Capita, a Platinum member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) and a Forbes top 100 global innovator*, collaborated with Oracle’s Virtualisation team to develop the platform.
*Capita plc was recognised as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies for 2014 by respected American business magazine Forbes.