By Simon Coter-Oracle on Jun 07, 2016
Oracle is proud to announce the availability of Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 2.
This minor release includes following fixes from Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 1:
- GUI: don't crash when showing the Beta popup message window
- GUI: multi-screen full-screen layout fixed for Windows host (Qt5 regression)
- GUI: don't allow to start subsequent separate VM instances
- SDK: reduced memory usage in the webservice Java bindings
- Settings: fixed regression with disabling audio
- Settings: fixed regression with saving snapshots (only .vbox file is corrupted needing manual repair, disk images are intact; 5.1 Beta 1 regression)
- Linux installer: Several path fixes for deb/rpm packages for older Linux distributions where we ship our own Qt5 libraries, see here.
- Solaris Additions: added support for X.org 1.18
See all the details related to Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 2 here with a complete list of enhancements, bug fixes and links to download the software.
Please do _NOT_ use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Feedback and comments are obviously appreciated.
The Oracle VirtualBox Team