By Monica Kumar on Nov 01, 2010
The latest white paper on Oracle's Virtualization Strategy discusses the new trend that data centers are now becoming service centers, and Virtualization technologies need to evolve to keep pace with changing IT demands. Just a hypervisor is not good enough.
Here is an excerpt:
As IT organizations look to deliver on-demand services, virtualization requirements continue to advance -- and companies are realizing that server virtualization is only a partial solution. Without the ability to package complete application environments that can be deployed on demand, IT staff must manually customize solutions in order to deliver services. Today's virtualization solutions need to:
• Evolve beyond simple consolidation
• Support comprehensive application environments that meet stringent high availability and scalability requirements
• Integrate with the applications running in the virtual environment
• Make the entire application stack easier to provision, deploy, manage, and support
• Result in greater IT efficiency, agility, and flexibility
Read this whitepaper to find out how Virtualization is evolving and how Oracle Virtualization can help you realize true benefits beyond simple consolidation.