Friday Mar 13, 2015
Thursday May 08, 2014
By Honglin Su-Oracle on May 08, 2014
In the x86 server virtualization market, Oracle VM continues growing its ecosystem.
Oracle VM supports a broad range of the guest operating systems such as Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, and Microsoft Windows.
For Windows guests, we have paravirtual (PV) drivers that provide improved network and disk throughput to run fully virtualized Windows guests on Oracle VM. Oracle VM Windows PV Drivers are signed by Microsoft. Oracle is a participant of Microsoft Windows Server Virtualization Validation Program (SVVP). Windows PV Drivers along with Oracle VM Server for x86 have passed the SVVP requirements, read the details here. The Microsoft SVVP program enables the vendor such as Oracle to validate Oracle VM Server for x86 along with Windows PV Drivers so that Microsoft customers running copies of Windows Server they have acquired and licensed from Microsoft directly can receive technical support for Windows Server in virtualized environments, learn the details of the supported Microsoft server software (e.g. SQL Server, Exchange Server, etc.) here.
Not just Oracle software, non-Oracle applications are certified to run on Oracle VM. For example, SAP products can be deployed in Oracle VM virtualized
environments. You can read more at the SAP on Oracle page on the SAP Community Network. If you are an SAP customer, you can search for SAP Note 1808268 for more details. Oracle VM helps customers deploy enterprise software in a rapid,
repeatable and error-free manner with many Oracle VM Templates or Virtual Appliances for Oracle applications, middleware and databases as well as 3rd party ISV applications. You can watch the recent webcast below.
Oracle VM has been integrated into many Oracle Engineered Systems with enhanced virtualization capability. Oracle Virtual Compute Appliance is the latest example, which radically simplifies the way customers install, deploy, and manage converged infrastructures for any Linux, Oracle Solaris, or Microsoft Windows application.
Oracle VM is widely deployed on the x86 hardware across many vendors. For the complete list of certified hardware platform, visit Oracle Linux and Oracle VM certified hardware.
Oracle Validated Configurations program offers pre-tested, validated architectures—including software, hardware, storage, and network components—along with documented deployment guides, available on many different hardware platforms.
Furthermore, Oracle has been working with other vendors to offer Oracle VM as part of their validated configurations such as FlexPod. For example, Oracle VM with Oracle RAC as workload was validated on FlexPod published here as a Cisco Validated Configuration document.
To learn more, visit:
Wednesday Mar 28, 2012
By Chris Kawalek-Oracle on Mar 28, 2012
We've received inquiries from the community on certification of Oracle VM 3.0 on HP Proliant systems. We're pleased to update that we've recently completed certification of the HP Proliant systems for Oracle VM 3.0.
The newly certified systems are:
- ProLiant DL980 G7 Hewlett Packard Oracle VM 3.0 x86_64
- ProLiant BL680c G7 Hewlett Packard Oracle VM 3.0 x86_64
- ProLiant BL465c G7 Hewlett Packard Oracle VM 3.0 x86_64
- ProLiant BL460c G7 Hewlett Packard Oracle VM 3.0 x86_64
- ProLiant DL380 G7 Hewlett Packard Oracle VM 3.0 x86_64
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Oracle VM Server for x86: Implementation Training Released
- Friday Spotlight: Epsilon Deploys Oracle Linux and Oracle VM
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.2 Released
- Friday Spotlight: March 2015 Oracle Virtualization Newsletter
- WEBINAR (Mar 31): How to Obtain Peak Performance from Your Virtual Environment
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.26 Released
- FRIDAY SPOTLIGHT: EMC VMAX and EMC VNX are Now Certified on Oracle VM
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM Partner Jumpstart Webcast
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.24 Released
- Announcing Release 2.0.0 of Oracle VM Storage Connect Plug-in for Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance