Friday Feb 28, 2014
Friday Feb 21, 2014
By Chris Kawalek on Feb 21, 2014
Friday Feb 14, 2014
By Chris Kawalek on Feb 14, 2014
The team in EMEA has put together some wonderful in person events for potential or existing Oracle VM and Oracle Linux customers. In these events, there are expert presentations, and then time to mingle and chat with the Oracle folks. It's really a great opportunity to get your questions answered firsthand. If you live near any of these cities, consider registering for the events!
Feb 18, Munchen, Germany
Feb 19, Dreieich, Germany
Feb 24, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Feb 25, Istanbul, Turkey
Feb 26, Berlin, Germany
Mar 6, Paris, France
If you're anywhere near these cities, you won't want to miss these fantastic events.
We'll see you next week!
Friday Feb 07, 2014
Friday Spotlight: Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder (OVAB) 12.1.2 Demo Appliance Available for Testing!
By Chris Kawalek on Feb 07, 2014
Happy Friday! Our Friday Spotlight this week is about a new virtual appliance for Oracle VM:
The Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder team has been busy! You can now take a self-guided tour to see the power of Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder.
Oracle VM Templates allow you to easily and quickly deploy pre-configured Oracle Database and applications. Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder accelerates and simplifies provisioning of complete multi-tier application topologies by packaging them as standard Open Virtualization Format (OVF) Assemblies for deployment into Oracle VM environments. It is capable of capturing application topologies comprised of Oracle and non-Oracle products. With a single keystroke, applications are fully deployed using application and user defined metadata. Two example use cases are replicating an entire application topology from one datacenter to another or deployment of entire stack of application into Oracle VM as a foundation for your private cloud environment.
Please note: this appliance is not meant for production use.
The OVAB team has done a great job in packaging this appliance. Download the Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder 184.108.40.206.0 Demo Appliance and take your self-guided tour today!
Have a great week and we'll see you next Friday!
Friday Jan 24, 2014
By Chris Kawalek on Jan 24, 2014
The spotlight today is a follow-up to a previous one about Oracle customer KT. In today's spotlight, we have a newly published full success story about KT for you to read! In it, you'll learn how KT increased their operational efficiency, were able to deploy cloud services 50% faster, lowered virtualization overhead, and much more, due to Oracle VM and Oracle Linux.
We'll see you next week!
Friday Jul 12, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Jul 12, 2013
This week we're talking about 3D graphics performance with Oracle VM VirtualBox.
Our own Fat Bloke just published a blog that describes how to make sure you get the most out of Ubuntu's GUI using the OpenGL acceleration in VirtualBox. In the picture below, you'll see all the shiny Chromium renderers in use:
We'll see you next week!
Friday Apr 26, 2013
By Chris Kawalek on Apr 26, 2013
Happy Friday, everyone! Our tip this week is on a basic task that is done frequently with Oracle Secure Global Desktop. In the video below, watch Mohan Prabhala, Product Management Director, Desktop Virtualization, as he describes the steps to publish an application:
We'll see you all next week with another tip.
Friday Dec 21, 2012
By Chris Kawalek on Dec 21, 2012
Welcome to Friday Tips #7, part 1. This tip is focused on server virtualization and part 2 will be focused on desktop.
Last week, we shared a tip on how to update the Oracle VM Servers, which begged the question of how to update the OVM Manager itself:
How do I update OVM Manager?
Here are the steps to update the OVM Manager itself:
- Login to myoraclesupport site
- Click on the ‘Patches & Updates’ tab
- Click on ‘Product or Family’ on the Search Tab, select Oracle VM and then Oracle VM 3.0 (like below) and hit Search:
- Look through the list and select the appropriate patch - click on the link to the left to download the ISO (will save as a zip)
- Then mount the ISO and run the updater (“ovmm-update” is the ISO in the example below)
Ideally, you would update the OVM Manager first and then the servers. Make sure to backup prior to updating as there is currently no revert function.
Get the latest scoop on products, strategy, events, news, and more, from Oracle's virtualization experts
- Friday Spotlight: Creating an Oracle VM Template for BeyondTrust’s PowerBroker
- Friday Spotlight: Writing a Broker for Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- Friday Spotlight: Oracle VM update 3.2.8 is now available through My Oracle Support
- Dynamic Launch in Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- Run Virtual Machines with Oracle VM
- PVH - Best Characteristics of All Virtualization Modes
- PARTNER WEBINAR (Apr 17): Deploy BeyondTrust's Powerbroker in Minutes with Oracle VM Template
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 4.3.10 New Features
- Friday Spotlight: New Features in Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop and Oracle VDI