By Honglin Su-Oracle on Feb 04, 2015
Oracle VM application driven architecture is designed to enable rapid
application deployment. With the use of Oracle VM Templates,
sophisticated applications such as Oracle Database or Oracle Real
Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) can be deployed in minutes—10x faster
than with other solutions. Today, we are pleased to announce the latest Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database.
NEW in 2015 Templates:
- Yum@Deploy support(11gR2 & 12c) - Allows running yum install/update during first boot/deployment and subsequent re-builds.
- Multi-Diskgroup support for Oracle ASM
- Support for multiplexed Controlfile & REDO logfiles
- Default kernel boot is Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel Release 3 (3.8.13-55), seamless transition to HVM mode
- Oracle Linux 7, BTRFS & KSplice Ready!
The Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database provides a framework that fully automates the creation of a Single Instance, Oracle Restart (Single Instance/HA) or Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) configurations in an Oracle VM environment. In a matter of minutes the versatile and powerful Oracle VM Templates for Oracle Database can be cloned into any number of VMs which could be deployed as a Single Instance, Oracle Restart (Single Instance/HA) or Oracle RAC of any number of nodes.
To learn more about use cases for Oracle VM Templates and get in-depth knowledge to easily deploy Oracle Database 12c and Oracle RAC using Oracle VM Templates, please watch the webcast on-demand:
- Oracle VM Templates Best Practices for Rapid Oracle Database Deployment, register here.