Oracle is proud to announce the availability of Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 3.
This minor release includes following fixes from Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 2:
- GUI: more multi-screen full-screen issues fixed for Windows host (layout change, host-screen reattaching
- GUI: fixing Solaris crash in VM settings dialog, see here
- VMM: Paravirt fixes
- VMM: fixes on Mac OS X
- VMM: I/O-APIC fixes and improvements
- VMM: many other fixes
- VMM: fixes for 64-bit Solaris on 32-bit hosts
- ACPI: fixes for passing through the battery information to the guest
- Main: raised the initial values for RAM, VRAM and hard disk size for certain guests
- Main: WinXP guests defaults to E1000 (PRO/1000 T Server), better performance
- E1000: implemented interrupt throttling improving the performance under certain conditions
- Linux hosts: fixed several Qt5 problems when using the .run packages on recent Linux distributions, see here
- Linux installer: remove old VBox kernel modules before installing the new version
- X11 Additions: the drag and drop service of VBoxClient was blocked for 60 seconds during shutdown, see here
See all the details related to Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 3 here with a complete list of enhancements, bug fixes and links to download the software.
Please do _NOT_ use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Feedback and comments are obviously appreciated.
The Oracle VirtualBox Team