By Jan-Oracle on Feb 01, 2017
Available Now, Oracle Secure Global Desktop Release 5.3
Oracle Secure Global Desktop (SGD) is a secure remote access solution for cloud-hosted enterprise applications and hosted desktops running on Oracle Linux and other Linux distributions, Oracle Solaris, Microsoft Windows, and mainframe servers.
Why is this release important?
This release features many improvements over the previous release. New features include:
- Support for Oracle Linux 7 as a client, application server and infrastructure node for Oracle SGD server and gateway. SGD now supports all recent Oracle Linux versions (5, 6, 7) from client, through infrastructure and application servers.
- IPv6 support for gateways: With IPv6 support on the SGD gateways you can now enable secure access over IPv6 to an entire data center without having to worry about migrating all the resources inside the data center from IPv4.
- SGD integration with Oracle VM Manager and Oracle VM Virtualization: Two new types of Dynamic Application Servers enable SGD to communicate with Oracle VM Manager and Oracle VM VirtualBox to determine dynamically which systems to offer to a user to connect to. The list of VMs can be filtered by Group, VM name and OS.
- Cloud readiness: A new command is added to configure Oracle SGD, save as a template and spin-up fully configured servers in minutes. Co-located Gateway and Oracle SGD server templates are also supported
- Client delivery: Automatic choice between Java applet and Java web start technologies and HTML5.
- Latest security fixes.
Supported Upgrade Path
SGD 5.3 is a straight upgrade from SGD versions 4.63, 4.71, 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2.