Oracle is proud to announce Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.0 Beta 2 release.
Here is an incomplete list of changes:
- User interface: a new file manager enabling user to control the guest file system and copy file objects between host and guest.
- OCI Integration: implemented support for exporting a VM to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- GUI: Design improvements
- User Interface: greatly improved HiDPI and scaling support, including better using host HiDPI support, HiDPI icons, improved detection and per-machine configuration
- User Interface: major rework of interface style with improved ease of access for application and machine set-up
In addition, the following items have been fixed and/or added:
- Oracle Cloud Integration: fixes and improvements
- User Interface: many improvements
- Audio/Video: recording fixes and improvements
- Devices: new BusLogic ISA variant
- Devices: serial port fixes
- BIOS: fixes
- API: transparently resize disk images when merging if possible
- Solaris: installer fixes
- Windows Guest Addiitons: fix incorrect tablet co-ordinate handling with recent Windows 10 builds
- Guest Additions: improved shared folder auto-mounting
- OS/2 Guest Additions: initial shared folder support
- User Interface: video and audio recording can now be separately enabled
- Audio: implemented support for attaching / detaching VRDE audio drivers at runtime
- Guest Control: various new APIs and features were implemented (see SDK documentation for more)
- Networking: Added a workaround for older guests which do not enable bus mastering for the virtio PCI device
- Other unlisted fixes and improvements
Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines.
A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Please do NOT open bug reports at http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker but use our VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting regressions since Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.2.
You can download the binaries here. Please use sha256sum to compare the hash of the downloaded package with the corresponding hash from this list.
For further details on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure integration, you can follow up on this blog article.
Feedback and comments are obviously appreciated.
The Oracle VirtualBox Team