Oracle is proud to announce Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.2 Beta 1.
Highlights of this beta release include:
- VM export to Oracle Public Cloud
- Automatic guest OS installation (see enhancement request #5810 and VirtualBox manual for further details)
- Improved Virtual Machine selector GUI
- Improved Virtual Machine Tools and Global Tools handling
- New GUI icons
- GUI: improvements with accessibility support
- Audio: implemented (optional) device enumeration support for audio backends
- Audio: implemented support for host device callbacks (e.g. when adding or removing an audio device)
- Audio: HDA emulation now uses asynchronous data processing in separate threads
- EFI: better video mode handling
and many other unlisted enhancements and fixes.
Please do NOT use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines.
A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Please use our VirtualBox Beta Feedback forum to report any problems with the Beta. Please concentrate on reporting regressions since VirtualBox 5.1.26.
Feedback and comments are obviously appreciated.
The Oracle VirtualBox Team