Oracle is proud to announce the availability of Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 2.
This minor release includes following fixes from Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 1:
- GUI: don't crash when showing the Beta popup message window
- GUI: multi-screen full-screen layout fixed for Windows host (Qt5 regression)
- GUI: don't allow to start subsequent separate VM instances
- SDK: reduced memory usage in the webservice Java bindings
- Settings: fixed regression with disabling audio
- Settings: fixed regression with saving snapshots (only .vbox file is corrupted needing manual repair, disk images are intact; 5.1 Beta 1 regression)
- Linux installer: Several path fixes for deb/rpm packages for older Linux distributions where we ship our own Qt5 libraries, see here.
- Solaris Additions: added support for X.org 1.18
See all the details related to Oracle VM VirtualBox 5.1 Beta 2 here with a complete list of enhancements, bug fixes and links to download the software.
Please do _NOT_ use this VirtualBox Beta release on production machines. A VirtualBox Beta release should be considered a bleeding-edge release meant for early evaluation and testing purposes.
Feedback and comments are obviously appreciated.
The Oracle VirtualBox Team