We are pleased to announce the release of Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.6. This new release is integrated with Oracle Solaris 11.4 and provides new and enhanced features. These include
- The new 'ldmconsole' command, which simplifies secure access to guest domain virtual consoles.
- Improved Time Of Day clock handling, for consistent clock values over live migration.
- The virtual SCSI Host Bus Adapter (vHBA) feature is enhanced to provide device masking, which lets administrators configure a virtual Storage Area Network (vSAN) device with an explicit set of SCSI devices.
- Virtual networking enhancements, notably DLMP (Datalink Multipathing) aggregation support for virtual network devices, and improved network visibility
- Improved SR-IOV feature to create multiple Virtual Functions (VFs) and name them in the same command.
- Enhanced 'ovmtutils' template utilities
- Removal of support for MAU (Modular Arithmetic Unit) for old T1-T3 servers that are no longer supported, and removal of ldm power management
For additional resources about Oracle VM Server for SPARC