Now available - Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.5
Today Oracle announces Oracle VM Server for SPARC Release 3.5
What's New with Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.5
We are pleased to announce the release of Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.5, which has been delivered as part of Oracle Solaris 188.8.131.52.0 Support Repository Update (Oracle Solaris 11.3 SRU 23.5.0). Together, they provide new features for virtualization, performance, security, scalability, and system management.
Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.5 introduces several new capabilities, including the following:
- Virtual networking is enhanced with 'reflective relay', which permits control over inter-domain network traffic so it can be directed to an external switch to enforce network policies like access control lists and packet filtering.
- Command history and message logging.
- Improvements to virtual Host Bus Adapter (vHBA), includes integration with SR-IOV
- Enhanced live migration, including:
- Allow live migration of domains with Ethernet SR-IOV devices
- Reduce cases where migration is blocked
- Migration with Silicon Secured Memory (SSM), also called Application Data Integrity (ADI) hardware-assisted checking.
- Native migration within a CPU chip family.
- Migration of domains with named memory and CPU resources.
- Save service processor configuration after a migration.
- Enhanced command output from 'ldm list-io' to show bus placement.
- Improved options for starting and stopping domains
Supported Upgrade Path
Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.5 software has been integrated into Oracle Solaris 11.1 SRU 23.5.0. Refer to Oracle Solaris 11.3 Support Repository Updates (SRU) Index (Doc ID 2045311.1).
Oracle VM Server for SPARC support is included in Oracle Premier Support for Systems which provides fully-integrated support for your server hardware, firmware, OS, and virtualization software. Please review the documentation about specific details of required and minimum software and supported platforms.
For additional resources about Oracle VM Server for SPARC:
- Learn What's New
- Review the Oracle VM Server for SPARC white papers
- Download Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Attend the training course offered by Oracle University: Oracle VM Server for SPARC: Installation and Configuration